• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 09:32:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 540
Total: 540

Anybody else sell on ebay.

Started by sschind, January 19, 2016, 10:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Quote from: ghonk on January 23, 2016, 11:32:33 AM
I forget what the bank link rules are,i think as a buyer when your bank account is linked you are verified,which some sellers like to see,or insist on.

As a seller i THINK it has to be linked,but can't remember for sure.   

I never had a problem as a buyer. They do have my credit card info but it's not linked. I have never sold anything.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I forget what the bank link rules are,i think as a buyer when your bank account is linked you are verified,which some sellers like to see,or insist on.

Remember tho, you don't need a PayPal account to buy through PayPal....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on January 23, 2016, 12:02:37 PM

I believe some sellers accept credit cards through paypal,but not all of them.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 23, 2016, 12:24:10 PM

All you have to do is invoice the buyer from PayPal......it makes no difference....PayPal runs the payment to check it before accepting any payment...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on January 23, 2016, 12:32:13 PM

All you have to do is invoice the buyer from PayPal......it makes no difference....PayPal runs the payment to check it before accepting any payment...

So you're saying a buyer can use a credit to pay,as long as the seller sends an paypal invoice for payment.
Wonder what protection you would have with paypal,if the buyer tries to do a CC chargeback. 

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 23, 2016, 01:12:14 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 23, 2016, 12:32:13 PM

So you're saying a buyer can use a credit to pay,as long as the seller sends an paypal invoice for payment.
Wonder what protection you would have with paypal,if the buyer tries to do a CC chargeback.

The transaction was made through PayPal so normal rules apply...
Jon

ilroost

I have bought off of ebay and aquabid with good luck so far. But I have a few sellers on both that I repeat buying from. Once I have a good buy from them then I continue buying from them.

LizStreithorst

I've bought lots of stuff on ebay but have never sold anything.  On aquabid I have bought and sold.  I have never gotten screwed with either.
Always move forward. Never look back.

sschind

Like I said the vast majority of sales and purchases I have had have gone off without a hitch and so far this lady has not gotten back to me about the refund I offered.  Its just that since they have gotten so big its become a nightmare.  Now they have calculated how long it should take for you to ship and the item to be delivered and if it isn't done in that amount of time you get downgraded.    I think they had fewer scams before they started taking all the steps to prevent it.  It was a lot of fun until they got so big it ruined it for me.  I will say this I NEVER would have gotten the price for my beer tray any where else so even if I have to eat the $15.00 plus shipping I'm money ahead.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

ghonk

I thought you could have an extended handling time,as long as that was included in your shipping info.

sschind

Quote from: ghonk on January 25, 2016, 03:54:02 AM
I thought you could have an extended handling time,as long as that was included in your shipping info.

I guess if you have it stated you could get by with it but if you don't spell everything out the expect you to ship within a day and they assume the shipping company will deliver in a certain amount of time.

I'm sure for the vast majority of sales its not a big deal but all I know is I was far less frustrated or apprehensive several years ago before they "made everything better"

The funny thing is sellers are claiming buyers have more rights than ever and buyers are claiming sellers have it made now and I never read this many complaints years ago. 
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

ghonk

There is no doubt it's slanted to the buyer,if anyone gets screwed it will be the seller.