• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 03:58:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 542
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 520
Total: 520

TO the folks in the Illinois, FL, TX, or California areas...RECALL ON BEEF!

Started by shatanka, February 10, 2014, 06:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shatanka

http://www.newser.com/story/181995/calif-firm-recalls-87m-lbs-of-diseased-unsound-meat.html

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2014/recall-013-2014-release

I just wanted to post these links about a recall on beef that has made it's way to Illinois, FL, TX and California. Please be careful with any beef purchases! I wouldn't buy any now until they get this cleared up. This is a "Class 1 " health hazard- it states this warning in the second link from above-

"USDA Recall Classifications
Class I     This is a health hazard situation where there is a reasonable probability that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death."

Mugwump

Thanks, I saw that too.....most all has been recovered that last that I heard....but..??? be careful folks....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 10, 2014, 07:07:30 PM
Thanks, I saw that too.....most all has been recovered that last that I heard....but..??? be careful folks....

I only have ground beef left in the freezer and I only eat that well done. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 11, 2014, 08:33:32 AM
It's sad that this stuff has become so commonplace.

Yep, it seems like they're all trying to make that extra 'buck' by short cutting somewhere in the process.......and quality goes out the window.....such is a lot of product too....just junk
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

To me the worst of it is that what passes for fit for human consumption isn't fit to eat either, after they pump these poor cattle full of hormones, antibiotics and other supplements.  Thankfully we still have true farmers around here that know cattle eat grass.  If they were meant to eat corn it would not make them sick.

Dennis