• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 10:14:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 527
Total: 527

Mugs is back

Started by Ron Sower, November 10, 2013, 05:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Sure can tell when a swap is going on anywhere near you guys.  Missed you on here today!  Go to see you're back.  How was the  swap?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Not bad, not good either...still a nice day with fish folks. Capt'n  Bob's wife, and daughter, showed up with a birthday cake for Bob (59).....Scott .and crew, had the table next to us, so we gabbed all day ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I sure do envy you yankees.  I only get to meet up with my fish friends every two years at NADA.  I make the best of the time.  I get little sleep during those three days.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

It was a busy day. I sold some plecos, not to many angels. It was slow at the swap. Good thing there were lots of great friends there. I didn't get a tank cleared out for the Plats. looks like they'll have to share a tank for now. I did get them moved to the 90g there's just more fish in there than I would like. I replaced all the water I took out of the tanks, Then crashed in my chair watching the fish do there thing. Looks like I'm going to be posting on craigslist next week. I need to make room for the next batch of angels. I'm also curious about some of the fry from the chocolate blues. I showed them to Jon he said they look like chocolate paraiba. I have alot of them and want to grow them out.     
Scott

LizStreithorst

Count your blessings.  I can't buy or sell fish until May.  I've had an intractable disease issue that the Angels are resistant to but not immune to.  I got it from fish I won from John's Discus.  All I can do until May is breed, cull and select.  After 6  months of large daily WC I will hold my breath and and order another group of Discus.  I will pray that my existing fish don't make the clean fish sick.

My Angels are my only bright light.  I have a project going on with them.  My Discus depress me except for my little darlins.

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on November 10, 2013, 06:37:45 PM
It was a busy day. I sold some plecos, not to many angels. It was slow at the swap. Good thing there were lots of great friends there. I didn't get a tank cleared out for the Plats. looks like they'll have to share a tank for now. I did get them moved to the 90g there's just more fish in there than I would like. I replaced all the water I took out of the tanks, Then crashed in my chair watching the fish do there thing. Looks like I'm going to be posting on craigslist next week. I need to make room for the next batch of angels. I'm also curious about some of the fry from the chocolate blues. I showed them to Jon he said they look like chocolate paraiba. I have alot of them and want to grow them out.   

I have a new pair of Smokey Paraiba that should throw some Chocolate Paraiba.  That's one I'm anxious to see.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Sorry to hear about that Liz. Best of luck with it. It is strange to see that your angels are your only bright light. but they are some beauties. Your Discus are awesome too.

I can't wait to see how the Chocolate Paraiba will turn out. There still small dime size. I was looking at some pics of what they might look like. It makes it harder to wait.   
Scott

LizStreithorst

Quote from: b125killer on November 10, 2013, 07:27:56 PM
Sorry to hear about that Liz. Best of luck with it. It is strange to see that your angels are your only bright light. but they are some beauties.

At the end of 6 months I will have a group of killer Half Black/Pearl Scales.  I will test them with clean fish before I offer any for sale.  My fish must be clean.  Nobody except perhaps "my best friend" deserves to go through what I have been through.  I believe that my Angels are already pretty good.  I get 6 whole months to make them better.

I prefer lemonade to lemons.

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 10, 2013, 07:15:16 PM

I have a new pair of Smokey Paraiba that should throw some Chocolate Paraiba.  That's one I'm anxious to see.

Well this new pair of Smokey Paraiba spawned for me morning.  I hope the male did his job.  I've been waiting for this spawn for a while.  I just moved them into a divided 55 gallon on Saturday after I made room in the tank.  ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Wonderful....good luck  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 11, 2013, 11:53:29 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on November 10, 2013, 07:15:16 PM

Well this new pair of Smokey Paraiba spawned for me morning.  I hope the male did his job.  I've been waiting for this spawn for a while.  I just moved them into a divided 55 gallon on Saturday after I made room in the tank.  ;D

What a bummer. Out of over 200 eggs there are about a dozen wigglers.  The rest of the eggs are white. Oh well, hopefully the male will do a better job of covering the eggs next time. :(   
Willie

LizStreithorst

Sorry.  I feel your pain. I just had a spawn from a couple of first timers.  Most all of the eggs are white.  Dad had the want to but not the ability.  They'll spawn again soon enough.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 14, 2013, 03:20:39 PM
Sorry.  I feel your pain. I just had a spawn from a couple of first timers.  Most all of the eggs are white.  Dad had the want to but not the ability.  They'll spawn again soon enough.

You're right Liz, there will be a next time soon enough.  Dad just needs a little more practice time. LOL ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

'Learner's permit' ???.... ;D
Jon