• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 08:10:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

SWAP MEETS

Started by Ron Sower, April 16, 2013, 01:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I'd like to know how often swaps are held in your respective areas.  We're coming up on June which would be about 3 months from our last one.  And between the first one and that one was 4 months. 

Our Greater Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP is not sponsored by any organization.   Just Aron and I co-ordinate it, and so far we hold it in my community's club house which is free. Besides having our webpage, which Aron manages, we are getting publicity on several local forums, and through some clubs newsletters.

Hopefully this next one I'll be able to get some poster/flyers out to the pet stores and colleges in the area.

Anyway, you folks here have had a lot of good info for me in the past on this subject, and that's why reaching out to you now.

Thanks in advance....Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

In our local area they pack up the big show tent in May. Then the activity starts up again about September.  In the fall, it's once every other month.....they sometimes toss in an auction in between.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Thanks Jon....
Is yours sponsored by a club?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Most are.....either GCCA, Milwaukee, Quad cities, greenwater, Madison, etc....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Thanks Jon,

Right now Aron and I are going to keep it as just a somewhat-organized gathering of fish associated people.  At one time we were going to support its sponsorship by the GSAS, but at our last one there was so much participation by several different groups and it was a great event for info sharing.  No splits were taken from sales and it drew new members to GSAS and Wafishbox.com.  It also gave exposure to the Puget Sound Aquarium Society, which is a saltwater group... And a reef forum.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Sounds like a plan.....non-denominational.... ;D..everybody wins..
Jon

Ron Sower

Also, OUR rules! Not the bureaucracy's!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 16, 2013, 10:51:11 AM
Also, OUR rules! Not the bureaucracy's!

That may be the best part....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Jon

Frank The Plumber

I love denominations. 5's 10-'s 20's, 50's so long as Lincoln don't wink at you from under the other dead presidents portrait, and my favorite bill from Mexico, the Hondo.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?