• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 10:10:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 570
Total: 570

Finally home

Started by Barb, April 18, 2014, 08:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

My husband Bill is finally home, gone for exactly 2 mo. at the hospital then a nursing home.  He came home yesterday and is doing just great.  The rehab got him up and walking and able to care for himself.  He walks with a cane or walker depending on the situation.  This time last month he could do almost nothing.  What a turnaround!  Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and cards!  Now I just need to put some weight back on him, not too much but he is quite thin now.
Barb

wsantia1

That is great news to hear.  ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Now that's wonderful news.....sweeeet, Barb....get his favorite meal(s) going, he'll gain some good weight back...LOL...I'll bet he's sleeping lots better now too.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

That is truly wonderful to hear Barb.  I'm sure under your loving care he will be back up to snuff in no time at all!

Dennis

ilroost

SO glad to hear the good news

b125killer

That's awesome news Barb.
Scott

PaulineMi

Wonderful news Barb.  I'm so happy for both of you.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wiggs

That`s Great that bill is home.  Make sure he keeps up the good work with his walking so he keeps getting stronger.   :D   
Jan

Barb

Thank you for the kind words everyone!  Yes, good food, good sleep, an attentive care giver, he has it made.  The past 2 mo. of illness and recovery are fading memories.  Hope we all stay healthy, you all included!
Barb

P4Angels2

Now that's wonderful news.

Ron Sower

Super...now he can chase YOU around the house and leave the nurses alone!  ;D
Is he using a walker, cane?

Tell him hi for me, please! And welcome home!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Thanks P4 and Ron!   Bill will have to pick up some speed to chase me, as of now.  He is walking with a cane or walker depending just where he is.  We just went out to dinner and he used the walker for sure.  This time last month he couldn't even sit up on the side of the bed by himself.  PT sure works.
Barb

JR

I am so glad to hear this Barb. Whis the best for both of you
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on April 19, 2014, 06:27:03 PM
Thanks P4 and Ron!   Bill will have to pick up some speed to chase me, as of now.  He is walking with a cane or walker depending just where he is.  We just went out to dinner and he used the walker for sure.  This time last month he couldn't even sit up on the side of the bed by himself.  PT sure works.
Barb
That's some good progress for sure!  Bet he's not ready for me to come over to New Bern and race him with my knee stroller yet, is he!?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron