• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 06:42:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 737
Total: 738

Pulled a spawn for grins...

Started by Mugwump, May 31, 2014, 04:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the Sta Isabel X Rio Negro pair spawned on the slate finally ;D....what the heck?...I decided to pull em....this will be the first of several over the next week, or two....the 2 1/2's are all lined up and ready... ;D....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That's awsome Jon, mine spawned a few days ago in there new home. I left the spawn up to them. They decided they were too hungry to raise them.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on May 31, 2014, 07:49:02 PM
That's awsome Jon, mine spawned a few days ago in there new home. I left the spawn up to them. They decided they were too hungry to raise them.

This is the Mom/pop of your's and Pauline's, I believe........... ;D yep
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

My male is a beast. He's easily the biggest angel I have. And one of the biggest I have seen. I'm sure there so much happer in the bigger planted tank. They don't hide as much as they did and there colors are so nice with the foliage in the tank.  I'm hopeful they'll parent raise again.  They did once before but seem to lose interest. I'm thinking they didn't like it in the smaller tank.
Scott

Mugwump

....so far, so good....I'll poof and blast the last of them off the slate later....and tidy up.. ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 04, 2014, 07:22:21 AM
....so far, so good....I'll poof and blast the last of them off the slate later....and tidy up.. ;D

My slate (mana x X plat) has just a few left on it also.  The others have left or fell off try to free swim.  I'm thinking about poofing them off too so I can clean up a little bit.  I have quite a few on bottom but they are trying to swim off of it.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I just set up another 2 1/2 and moved em over.....easier to tidy up and get any bad eggs, etc out of there.....looks as if there's quite a few....LOL........... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 04, 2014, 01:08:49 PM
I just set up another 2 1/2 and moved em over.....easier to tidy up and get any bad eggs, etc out of there.....looks as if there's quite a few....LOL........... ;D

Do you siphon them out or use a turkey baster? I've already pulled any dead eggs etc...  I've been very diligent with this spawn.  All I have are trying to free swim and I expect that to happen by the end of the day.
Willie

Mugwump

I used my 'little' siphon with the 10" rigid tubing, and air line..........slurp... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Willie

PaulineMi

Quote from: b125killer on May 31, 2014, 09:29:04 PM
My male is a beast. He's easily the biggest angel I have. And one of the biggest I have seen. I'm sure there so much happer in the bigger planted tank. They don't hide as much as they did and there colors are so nice with the foliage in the tank.  I'm hopeful they'll parent raise again.  They did once before but seem to lose interest. I'm thinking they didn't like it in the smaller tank.

My male is huge also. I swear he's still having occasional growth spurts.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on June 04, 2014, 07:46:45 PM
Quote from: b125killer on May 31, 2014, 09:29:04 PM

My male is huge also. I swear he's still having occasional growth spurts.

LOL...I'm thinking so too....either that or the female is shrinking.....Sta Isabel's get bigger than either the Rio Negro or the Manacapuru.....good blood ;D
Jon

Mugwump

They're trying to get up now, shouldn't be long if all goes well... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Good luck Jon. I hope all goes well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Willie

Mugwump

There are fry balls on the bottom of the 2 1/2...a few more pop up each time as they untangle themselves.... ;D...by morning they should be up...
Jon