• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 02:20:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,354
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 761
Total: 762

Plat fry.....

Started by Mugwump, January 04, 2014, 03:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: Owl307 on January 04, 2014, 08:35:16 PM
hmmm are the cats spooking them since they are on the bottom?

Naw..they used to Cecil sleeping under their tank...and he only drinks from the 15 at the other end of the room... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

.............Mutiny beginning..................
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I have the mutiny going on with the mana x fry.  Fed them their first bbs this morning.  I've been giving the parents frozen bloodworms to keep them well fed.  Hopefully this will stop them from making the fry a snack.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Most excellent, Willie.....

Here's a quick vid of the Plat fry....not even half up yet...soon tho...

Jon

Mugwump

Don't like duckweed, suit yourself. ;D

Jon

Owl307

i can never get duckweed to grow in my tank like that! it always dies off??
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

ilroost

had the top of a 55 covered with duckweed until i got a moonlight gourami, ate it all in about a week

Mugwump

...LOL...gourami love that stuff ....our fry do too....plenty of food for grazing....
Jon

Mugwump

Seems mom/pop have their fins full...LOL...they're all over the place... ;D

Jon

Owl307

looking good!! i love the Blue in the dorsal of the plats :) gives em an icy look which is perfect for this weather LOL! I hope my koi pair will parent raise!
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

wsantia1

They are looking real good Jon.
Willie

b125killer

There looking good Jon. I only have duck weed in one tank. I have to clear it out all the time. It will block the light for the rest of the plants in there if I don't. I think I can watch it grow and spread.
Scott

Mugwump

oh boy...the parents feel so secure that they've released the fry to roam the tank.....I have no idea where all of them are.....couple here, couple there.....bunch in the duckweed.....LOL....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 09, 2014, 09:33:29 AM
oh boy...the parents feel so secure that they've released the fry to roam the tank.....I have no idea where all of them are.....couple here, couple there.....bunch in the duckweed.....LOL....

That sounds great Jon.  My mana x are letting their fry swim about too, though they did snack on some.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 09, 2014, 10:59:41 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 09, 2014, 09:33:29 AM

That sounds great Jon.  My mana x are letting their fry swim about too, though they did snack on some.

I'm not sure how great it is yet....LOL...I have trouble counting 25... ;D..but I know most are in there somewhere...LOL
Jon