• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 03:13:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,354
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 821
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 818
Total: 819

Plat fry.....

Started by Mugwump, January 04, 2014, 03:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...almost there.....free swimming in the next day or two.... ;D..hey, Mel...looks like more than the 50 or so that I thought when we looked at them the other day... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

LOL...there's about a 1/2 inch of duckweed covering almost the whole surface of the tank....instead of a green cast..it makes the tank look yellow/orang..ish.... ;D bizarre.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Man they are getting nice & fat. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 04, 2014, 03:51:33 PM
LOL...there's about a 1/2 inch of duckweed covering almost the whole surface of the tank....instead of a green cast..it makes the tank look yellow/orang..ish.... ;D bizarre.....

Did I tell you that those plats are het for albino and maybe het for pearl scale? I have 4 albino juvenile survivors from that pair that are now gaining some steam in the growth department.  Two of them were belly sliders that I managed to pull through and they have decent ventral fins. The other two grew up with the regular population and were discovered later.   
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 04, 2014, 04:54:06 PM

Did I tell you that those plats are het for albino and maybe het for pearl scale? I have 4 albino juvenile survivors from that pair that are now gaining some steam in the growth department.  Two of them were belly sliders that I managed to pull through and they have decent ventral fins. The other two grew up with the regular population and were discovered later.

Yikes...where's my magnifying glass... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 04, 2014, 05:29:32 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 04, 2014, 04:54:06 PM

I only noticed pearl scale on their siblings fry.  I haven't had much luck raising the albinos.

Yikes...where's my magnifying glass... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Willie

Owl307

im seeing more now too jon lol where'd they hide them?
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Mugwump

Quote from: Owl307 on January 04, 2014, 06:47:22 PM
im seeing more now too jon lol where'd they hide them?

LOL...one of those clumps of fry, I guess...or more on the slate top???.... ;D

ps..stupid Koi pair ate their spawn...first time for that....but..next ones mine ;D
Jon

Owl307

awe thats terrible! that looked like a really nice spawn!

Mugwump

Quote from: Owl307 on January 04, 2014, 07:23:47 PM
awe thats terrible! that looked like a really nice spawn!

I know..they were tending very well too......something must have spooked em??
Jon

wsantia1

Sorry to hear about that spawn.  It looked like it was going so well.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 04, 2014, 07:32:44 PM

Willie, this was just a day old spawn....weird scenario for this pair..they've almost raised, while the 1st pair, siblings, have raised every spawn....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 04, 2014, 08:08:49 PM

Willie, this was just a day old spawn....weird scenario for this pair..they've almost raised, while the 1st pair, siblings, have raised every spawn....

Ok.  I must have been thinking about that first pair.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 04, 2014, 08:22:57 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 04, 2014, 08:08:49 PM

Ok.  I must have been thinking about that first pair.

Those are the ones in the 60 that I posted the vid of earlier....doing real nice, you'd like them ;D
Jon

Owl307

hmmm are the cats spooking them since they are on the bottom?