• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 04:35:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 765
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 742
Total: 742

MOnday morning

Started by LizStreithorst, October 23, 2023, 12:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

OOPS, it just turned into afternoon.

It's a beautiful day here.  I hope y'all are well.

I took the dogs for their daily scoot around the neighborhood this morning.  I'd been getting tired or going the same way every time, but since this scooter is made for smooth surfaces I'm limited.  I looked at the long rolling dirt road leading down to Shawn and April's old trailer.  I decided to try it.  The scooter handled it better than I thought and the dogs had a party investigating a new area.  While scooting back home I saw a big clump of beautiful flowers in front of a back drop of Goldenrod along the side of the road.  I picked a piece and took it to Judy to identify for me.  It's a wild Aster.  I'll mark the clump and transplant some of the plants when they come up next spring. 

Another neighbor along my dog scoot gave me some 8' 4X4 posts left over from the privicy fence they had up.  He brought them down yesterday on a front end loader.  These posts save the day for me because the deer fence is 7' tall and treated 4X4's are en expence I can't justify.

So even though I can't plant posts or pound T posts with the ground as dry as it is, I laid out the posts for when I can do it.  Carrying heavy 4/4's and T posts wore me out, but because of Cymbalta I don't hurt.
Always move forward. Never look back.