• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 04:13:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 425
Total: 425

Saturday morn'n coffee....>

Started by Mugwump, January 06, 2018, 05:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..the coffee is great...very, very good.....

...we're pretty cold here this morn'n....the winds has been calm tho..........snow here tomorrow.....I'm ready for spring now.. |^|

...absolutely nothing planned for today....but I'm sure something will pop up....usually does..

..more coffee now..... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great here. It is a cold 8 degrees here. Hopefully the wind has died down a bit. Just chillin in the basement while other folks are asleep.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 06, 2018, 06:26:56 AM
The coffee is great here. It is a cold 8 degrees here. Hopefully the wind has died down a bit. Just chillin in the basement while other folks are asleep.

...good plan..... |^|.........have they got all the streets cleared around you?......
Jon

waterboy

WOW 4F here now, going all the way up to 11.  20% chance of precip. tomorrow with a little wind.  And guess what........35 degrees on Monday.  January thaw is coming.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on January 06, 2018, 10:42:40 AM
WOW 4F here now, going all the way up to 11.  20% chance of precip. tomorrow with a little wind.  And guess what........35 degrees on Monday.  January thaw is coming.

....I hope so....this has been an ugly cold stretch......snows ok....screw the below zero windy stuff.... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

What's the cost of antifreeze in your area......boy it's gotten expensive.....I've seen some for $15/gallon  :o
Jon

LizStreithorst

Surely it will get better for y'all next week.  Its warmed up here a good bit over the past couple of days.

I was getting cold feet about shipping fish Monday.  I've got two boxes going to two different guys in Wisconsin and a huge box going to a guy in PA and one that I'm not as worried about going to VA I have decided to ship.  Wisconsin will be in the 30's next ween and the  20's the week after.  Some of these people have been waiting since the middle of December for their fish.  All things considered, I'm lucky that there will be a bit of a respite from the bitter cold before it comes and hits us again wfwf  My heart will be in my throat.  I can replace the half blacks but I can't replace the parent raising Gold Pearl Scale pairs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 06, 2018, 12:57:57 PM
Surely it will get better for y'all next week.  Its warmed up here a good bit over the past couple of days.

I was getting cold feet about shipping fish Monday.  I've got two boxes going to two different guys in Wisconsin and a huge box going to a guy in PA and one that I'm not as worried about going to VA I have decided to ship.  Wisconsin will be in the 30's next ween and the  20's the week after.  Some of these people have been waiting since the middle of December for their fish.  All things considered, I'm lucky that there will be a bit of a respite from the bitter cold before it comes and hits us again wfwf  My heart will be in my throat.  I can replace the half blacks but I can't replace the parent raising Gold Pearl Scale pairs.

A good insulated box and plenty of heat packs should get 'em north ok....30's and 40's around here til Friday.......Virginia ?....hopefully the roads are clear by then......Willie/Barb may know more...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'll email the guy I'm shipping to and ask him how the roads are.  The fish should arrive Wed.  Surely by that time the roads should be clear.  This is the guy who wanted the fish but had to pay in two installments.  He asked my permission to do it that way.  He did exactly what he said he would do.

LizStreithorst

Thanks for questioning VA.  The guy says it's bad there but didn't say how it would be Wed when the fish arrive.  He says that it's up to me but I need to know about Wed, before I decide whether or not to ship.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 06, 2018, 05:59:04 PM
Thanks for questioning VA.  The guy says it's bad there but didn't say how it would be Wed when the fish arrive.  He says that it's up to me but I need to know about Wed, before I decide whether or not to ship.

My cousin/family live on the Chesapeake Bay.....it's still rotten there too.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I got it worked out with Steve in Virginia.  It will be acceptable conditions there Wednesday.  He asked me to ship to his place of business because the building is right off a main highway.  He thanked me for checking with him on what to do.  That was nice.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 06, 2018, 06:35:49 PM
I got it worked out with Steve in Virginia.  It will be acceptable conditions there Wednesday.  He asked me to ship to his place of business because the building is right off a main highway.  He thanked me for checking with him on what to do.  That was nice.

|^| 
Jon