• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 04:19:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 586
Total: 586

A "Trick" I Taught My Dog To Do....

Started by PaulineMi, December 05, 2014, 04:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

LOL....and he loves it, doesn't he...?....what a pretty 'dobie'....shiny coat, ears forward....WOW ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Great looking pup Pauline.  Great photo too!   ;)

Dennis

wsantia1

Very nice Pauline. ;D ;D ;D Great looking Dobie. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Great shot of him going over that jump too. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Thanks everyone.  That picture is Fritz in his prime. He'll be 9 yrs old soon. He and I had to retire from training....we're both arthritic and taking it easier these days.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

PaulineMi

One more for old times' sake...mine that is. ;D  Fritz was going for a lure coursing title here. Shortly after this picture was taken he was found to have severe hip dysplasia.

Mugwump

That's sad....at least now he can chase your tall sprinkler... ;D   that pic/vid was is here somewhere...???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

What a shame about the dysplasia.  I think you may have told us about that once before.  You can see his love of preforming his "tricks".  He looks like such a well bred dog.  I love his long narrow skull and his keen almond shaped eye.  Were his parents hips not certified?

With small dogs it's the patellas that go out, but they can be fixed.  There ain't no fixing hip dysplasia.

PaulineMi

Thank you.

Liz...yes, hips OFA, eyes CERF and cardio certified on parents. Fritz comes from healthy working lines with great longevity. Grandsire and "aunt" lived to age 15. Fritz has only one bad hip. Vet from MSU said that's usually a birth canal injury.

Barb

Good to see you and Fritz!  Is he your only dog?  Any cats?  I hope he is pain free?  I don't know what this hip ailment is.  He is handsome.
Barb

LizStreithorst

That's the only thing that makes sense giving his ancestors.  You must have been devastated. 

You will love my friend Dottie (Korbidoc on simple)   She's all about Dobies and training.

LizStreithorst

I don't imagine that you have a pic of him standing still in profile like they have them do in the conformation ring.  I'd love to see a profile with his mouth closed.  Are their conformation dogs in his background or just working types?  There must be Champions behind him, he would look clunky.  He's not clunky.  He's refined.