• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 05:02:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 334
Total: 335

new spawns

Started by Mugwump, November 21, 2013, 07:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I've got several more spawns, but I'm letting them keep them....I need the tank space to grow out some fry now. One or two of these might raise...and that's Ok...they can keep them for a week or three???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I'm trying to decide what to do with these before they get sucked up in the tube.  They were on the slate until these knuckleheads decided to move them. There are a lot more wigglers than what it appears like.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 22, 2013, 11:50:53 AM
I'm trying to decide what to do with these before they get sucked up in the tube.  They were on the slate until these knuckleheads decided to move them. There are a lot more wigglers than what it appears like.

Either get a foam piece, and cover it..or turn the filter off.... add a sponge filter..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 22, 2013, 12:46:10 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on November 22, 2013, 11:50:53 AM

Either get a foam piece, and cover it..or turn the filter off.... add a sponge filter..

I've got an angels plus fry sponge that I would like to slip on that tube but I probably will just drop it in there and turn that big filter off.
Willie

b125killer

Isn't there always more wigglers then you think.  ;D I got a new spawn from the St. Isabel/ Rio Negro today. I pulled them this time. For some reason they don't seem to want to parent raise anymore. I might need to find a spot for them. I think There's too much going on around them where there at now.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on November 22, 2013, 10:19:18 PM
Isn't there always more wigglers then you think.  ;D I got a new spawn from the St. Isabel/ Rio Negro today. I pulled them this time. For some reason they don't seem to want to parent raise anymore. I might need to find a spot for them. I think There's too much going on around them where there at now.

A lot of pairs will rejuvenate there desires by just being moved to a different tank.(location)
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 23, 2013, 07:46:26 AM
Quote from: b125killer on November 22, 2013, 10:19:18 PM

A lot of pairs will rejuvenate there desires by just being moved to a different tank.(location)

I will probably have to move my mana x pair as they have suddenly started to eat their wigglers after successfully parent raising a couple of spawns.
Willie