• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 03:21:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 395
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 351
Total: 351

How Could I have been so blind?

Started by LizStreithorst, October 18, 2013, 07:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I know how...I have been preoccupied with other fish matters lately and haven't spent much time looking at my Angels.

I'm working on this Half Black/Pearl Scale cross.  I finally was sitting down looking at my one tank of expressing HB Angels and I see shiny!  I go look closer and a bunch of them are shiny.  Most are not but a bunch are.  I knew that there was a chance that my female carried HB carried the PS gene, but the chances were one in four or one in eight (I can't do math).

I got lucky!  I got what I wanted without hardly trying!  Now I need to choose the best and sell the rest.  Whoo hoo!
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

That's great news.  Congratulations.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Sweet.....yep, pearl scale is a recessive gene needing a copy from each parent to express. If you have regular HB to get rid of, I like some....Frank is working heavily on different phenotype HB's , but I'd like to have some regular expressing to work with for another project.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

When I get them separated out I'll send pics of what's left, Mug.  They're all good fish, some express more fully than others.

Dang, I need to set up 2 20 gallon tanks in a place that isn't hard plumbed for water yet.  That's OK.  I have water storage drums that I can fill with a hose and a sump pump I can use for WC.  I'm a nut case when it comes to changing water.  Discus people are that way.

I can't believe that I'm so excited about what I used to call "stupid Angels" :-[

Mugwump

Thanx.....and yes, spawns can do that to ya.. ;D ...I've got 3 tanks of parent raisers going at this time, it's hard to walk away from watching them. Oh, the 'virgin' Koi pair laid again, I'm anxious to see to see how far they take this spawn.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

LizStreithorst

I will, but Mug has first dibs on the leftovers.  You will have to hold your fishy yearning horses and either take the left overs of the left overs or wait until the HBXPS's to mature and spawn. 

George, you know that I like you and I know that you have had a very hard time buying from me.  I can't help it.  It's just the way it has worked out.

b125killer

Scott

GeorgeG

I just wanted to see what yours look like Liz I am not expecting to get any from you because I know you have a limited number of them. I see Marks Discus has some on his website so I will see about getting them from him next month.

P4Angels2

LizStreithorst

I just set up the tanks I'll be putting them into, George.  As soon as the water warms up and I'm sure the heaters are doing right I'll separate them and take pics.

LizStreithorst

Here are the ones I'm selling.  There are only 8 of them, I'm afraid

LizStreithorst

These are two that I am keeping.  There are 7 of them!  Here are the two best.

LizStreithorst

One more of the for sale group.

GeorgeG