• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 04:00:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 552
Total: 552

Christmas chow

Started by Mugwump, December 25, 2017, 01:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

We had our big meal yesterday; and we have plenty of leftovers.....but we've opted for a pot of soup with hot corn bread instead, on this cold day/night.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm making an ox tail and short rib stew.  It's one of those low and slow things that need periodic attention.  It won't be long before it's ready.  Thank God, I can smell it and I'm starving to death.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 25, 2017, 01:41:24 PM
I'm making an ox tail and short rib stew.  It's one of those low and slow things that need periodic attention.  It won't be long before it's ready.  Thank God, I can smell it and I'm starving to death.

...on rice huh...... ;) LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I wanted barley but the store had none.  Noodles would have worked, but I can't see using rice.  I decided to put some small Youkon gold's in it for the last 40 minutes.  I made a good choice.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 25, 2017, 02:16:04 PM
I wanted barley but the store had none.  Noodles would have worked, but I can't see using rice.  I decided to put some small Youkon gold's in it for the last 40 minutes.  I made a good choice.

+1....sounds good......the 'rice' was an '8' joke  ;)
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'd forgotten.  He sure didn't like rice, did he? 

this was so good that I must post the recipe because it was so very good and it will get even better as it ages.  I couldn't do it as instructed.  I made do with 1 lb of ox tail and 2 lbs of bone in short ribs.  I don't care for cooked carrots so I used an acorn squash.  The store didn't have celery root so I chopped up celery.  I had to use cooking wine because of the blue laws here.  It still came out great.
https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016029-wine-braised-oxtail

Mugwump

...that hit the spot......hot, good, and filling.... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

...MMMMmmmm..fudge and a glass of egg nog.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...our linner (or lupper) at the clubhouse was good....ham and turkey with dressing and giblet gravy, sweet taters with marshmallows, and green beans cooked with bacon....

...it was a nice day...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron