• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 11:46:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 675
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 675
Total: 675

Need a fast camera??

Started by Mugwump, October 01, 2015, 06:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

try this one....
A remarkable camera at MIT uses a technique called "Femto-Photography" that captures a trillion frames per second. Using this method, the camera can freeze light in motion and even see around corners. Host David Pogue went to the MIT Media Lab to see this rapid-fire camera at work.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/super-fast-cameras.html
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Very Cool.

I used a laser with femto-second bursts in two photon confocal microscopy at Caltech (MIT's competition).

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on October 01, 2015, 02:54:22 PM
Very Cool.

I used a laser with femto-second bursts in two photon confocal microscopy at Caltech (MIT's competition).

I saw an early version of something like this (not nearly as fast)...over at JPL years ago....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT