• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 06:48:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 773
Total: 773

Psssssst.....lookee

Started by Mugwump, September 23, 2014, 02:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...on the slate too  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D..I'm going to let them gel a bit, them pull them...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..a couple whities on the edge that he missed, but a real nice spawn.... ;D ;D ;D...that's a bunch ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That is a bunch.  Sorry you're having to pull them, but it doesn't bother you as much as it bothers me.  You should get a huge multitude of kids ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 23, 2014, 03:19:41 PM
That is a bunch.  Sorry you're having to pull them, but it doesn't bother you as much as it bothers me.  You should get a huge multitude of kids ;D

I'd much rather have them raise, but while they're on their 'learner's permit' ...I'll drive this one  ;D
They can have the next few....there are angel pairs that never raise....these two, coming from parent raisers have a better chance

It shouldn't bother you at all really......they have had their chances, and they'll get more... ;D  the cycle is just getting interrupted.... 8)
Jon

JC

Great looking spawn there Jon. Good luck with them

b125killer

Scott

Mugwump

..half a dozen whities this morn'n...so nothing new from last night's count....eggs are that sweet healthy brownish/tan color..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D     Thurs PM is wiggler time.... 8)
Jon

wsantia1

Real nice spawn Jon.  Good luck with them.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

New_b0401

Beautiful pair and great spawn! Good luck

Mugwump

Still very few 'whities', maybe a dozen??...about half the spawn has fallen below now...this is the sign of movement before they hatch, and then tails pop out, and the wiggling begins... ;D
They should be full fledged wigglers by late afternoon, early evening....then I'll poof the remainder off the slate, and clean up any of the 'whities' that I can... ;D
I believe that I'll raise these in low/med light. Doing this enhances darker barring in striped angels, I'm of a belief that it will also help produce a better turning of the HB expression, plus perhaps make them darker and more vivid..?? Liz has done a great job with hers, so the expressive genes should be working well with these too.
Jon

Mugwump

We have wigglers... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.....as stated, I'll poof the rest off the slate here shortly....

Jon

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Grow 'em strong like a bull and then lay down the law to their parents.  Tell them that if they don't raise their next spawn you will replace them with a pair of their kids.

I haven't pulled  the cone from my recalcitrant pair yet.  I have the multitudes who I just moved to a 60 and would be in a 100 if I had one available.  The parents of the multitudes have just presented with another batch of free swimming multitudes.  I have all these fry from the 2 veils that have to become at least dime size before I can ship them.

Everybody has been switched to tap water.  I need no more fry right now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 25, 2014, 02:56:53 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Grow 'em strong like a bull and then lay down the law to their parents.  Tell them that if they don't raise their next spawn you will replace them with a pair of their kids.

I haven't pulled  the cone from my recalcitrant pair yet.  I have the multitudes who I just moved to a 60 and would be in a 100 if I had one available.  The parents of the multitudes have just presented with another batch of free swimming multitudes.  I have all these fry from the 2 veils that have to become at least dime size before I can ship them.

Everybody has been switched to tap water.  I need no more fry right now.

LOL.....a divider is the only effective birth control.... ;D
Jon