• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 05:59:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 582
Total: 584

Good Friday Freeze

Started by wsantia1, April 02, 2021, 01:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Hey everyone. It's "Good Friday" and just a couple of days before Easter. It was also really cold and windy out there this morning. It's like winter will never end. 

The forecast says things will change for the better next week but I'll believe it when I see it. Some parts just west of Philly even had snow flurries today. That would be only 100 miles from me. huh

Lots of birthdays coming down the pike starting with my granddaughter's (Ariel) on Monday. She will be 30 so I have to send her something. It will most likely be cash. She's basically my daughter since my wife and I raised her through most of her childhood.

Even though it's cold my allergies have been kicking my butt. I went into Lowes to look at some edging stone I was walking through the garden area when suddenly I felt like I was out of breath.

Having your nose stopped up and wearing a mask does not work folks. While I took off the mask when got to the car, I didn't get myself together until I got home and took some Sudafed. That unstopped my nose.

I hope you guys are having a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Hi Willie and others as you come aboard!...
...Just got back from picking up our glasses at Coxtco, grabbing a soft taco for lunch and picking up the mail...forgot the main reason that I told Lucy I was going out for - depositing a check from a renter! :D :D :D... oh well!...it'll wait!...
...settled in on getting a used 75g setup this coming Tuesday...hope it will fit in our Jeep Latitude...
...and tomorrow I'm going to get the shellies from the friend that offered them...

...Stan and Barb have a little area they can't reach to paint on the outside of their house so I'm going to reach it while Lucy and Barb go shopping this afternoon for the Sunday Easter dinner at the clubhouse...

...meanwhile, all's good here with a current temperature of 90 with sunny skies prevailing over the area!... 8) 8) 8)

...Later, guys and gals...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good afternoon guys, and Liz.  Sunny today but very windy and cold.  In the 30's with the wind chill.  Going down to 30 again tonight then it is "supposed" to warm up.  Sure hope so.  Yesterday and today I have lost 3 of my Jon Koi angels.  They were all veil tails, the last ones.  Now I have 5 nice std. tail Koi.  I am giving a little thought to seeing if I can get a pair to make me more.  I also have 3 very large Liz gold pearlscale angels in there too.

Have a good eve and tomorrow.  I am cooking a nice dinner for my neighbor and I on Easter, we widows stick together.  Will take my mom out for lunch that day.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good evening my friends.  I know I'm late.

I just now figured why I'm hurting so much.  I forgot to take my pain meds last night.  I didn't hurt bad this morning so I forgot about it but as the day wore on not so much.  I can tolerate pain very well, but when it gets relentless it's too much for even me. 

The day was nice nevertheless.  My Mystery Snail clutch arrived as did my pleco caves from Barb.  The snails have been put in a container to hatch and the caves are in the Pleco tanks.

It was very cold this morning but warmed up nicely in the afternoon.  It'll be cold again tonight, too.
Always move forward. Never look back.