• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 12:09:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 539
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 530
Total: 530

Saternesdæg

Started by BallAquatics, August 26, 2023, 08:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Morning all.  Looks like it's going to be a wonderful day here in central Ohio after a week of heat advisory warnings.

Not much planned, hoping to watch the little league world series semi finals later.  Maybe get in a bike ride...

Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!

LizStreithorst

Hi Dennis, it's been a wonderful day for me.  My favorite customer and I chat on the phone from time to time.  Since I quit grooming she's been to 2 different groomers in Hattiesburg.  They both butchered her Scotty.  A groomer who knows how to groom a dog to breed standard is rare indeed.  The second groomer actually told her to never bring the dog back again!  She said that her dog, who is a perfect lady on the grooming table was simply horrid!!! I had been telling her back when I still groomer for a living, that one day I would have to quit due to my back and that I'd be happy to teach them how. But they didn't want to learn...back then.  After the couple's last 2 experiences they finally were ready.  Mrs. Woodall thought that I'd be in too bad shape by now, but I knew that I could do it.

Until I quit smoking and drinking, I thought that I could no longer do much of anything because of my pain.  Since I quit both, I discovered that the reason that I hurt so much was because I was sitting around smoking and drinking all the time.  Of course I still have pain.  I will always have pain, but it's much less now than it had been.  You should see my mostly spotless house!  I may have taken me 3 days to get 4 rooms mostly spotless and it may have knocked me slam out, but I did it, and when I fell into bed at night I slept like a log.

It was knowing that the Woodall's coming that got me into cleaning mode.  I didn't want to be ashamed.  And once I got into the groove, I enjoyed the hell out of it.  I even have zinnias from the garden on the marble top table to brighten the joint up.

It was Mr. Woodall who wanted to be the groomer.  Mrs. Woodall took notes.  Not having even held a clipper before, Mr. Woodall was starting from scratch.  We started with the rough out. I did half the back, sides, and feet.  He did the other side as I watched. After the bath I showed him how to correctly do the brush-out using the stand dryer.  I did half and he did the other half.  He always needed some instruction while doing his sides, having never done it before.  When came to the finish, I had him watch me as I explained.

He knows that it will take several lessons before he gets comfortable grooming by himself.  They're going to come back toward the end of September.

When it came to paying, Mrs. Woodall wrote a check and put it face down on the grooming table.  Then she asked how much she owed.  I told her she owed whatever that check was written for.  I know that the couple have always been generous tippers.  I didn't look at the check until after they left.  It was for so much I'm embarrassed to even tell you.  I'm always amazed that every time I feel that I'm on the verge of going to debtor's prison, money seems to magically appear.

I still need my afternoon nap to regain enough strength to do WC.  It's that time now.  See y'all later, friends.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi folks!

Dennis if you were here I'd recommend you going up to the Prickly Pear Festival in Superior this weekend. I'm not a motorcycle rider, but I think it would be a good ride. We're planning on going tomorrow. The town has 1 traffic light I think. There will be prickly pear drinks, ice cream, jellies, recipe books and greeting cards. And who knows what else!

I've been working in the aquarium room this morning and will continue after this lunch break. Mike should be here in about an hour with fish and shrimp. Then a fellow is coming to get a dozen of the gold laser Cories that Mike's bringing.

We'll be going up to the clubhouse ballroom for a dance tonight. I can't remember the theme, but it's going to involve wearing glow bracelets and necklaces!🤣 Maybe I should go out and get some glow fish! 🤣🤣🤣. NOT!

Liz, I'm glad giving up your vices is working out to help you feel better. I hope it continues.

I guess that's it for now. I'll get back into the aquarium room and check on everything. See you here later on!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

That's wonderful Liz.  Although we have never met, I know you are made of the right stuff.  I'm happy to hear you are having less pain and feel like doing more.

My Mother will be 96 in February.  She is moving pretty slow these days, but she says she has lived this long because work never hurt anybody.

She lives alone and can still care for herself.  She says she can only clean one room a day but that keeps her house nice and tidy.

I'm trying to learn from her and stop fighting old age.  Little by little I'm coming to grips with the fact that I can't do as much as I once did.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 26, 2023, 02:33:08 PMDennis if you were here I'd recommend you going up to the Prickly Pear Festival in Superior this weekend. I'm not a motorcycle rider, but I think it would be a good ride....

Sounds cool Ron  8)  I live in a 1 traffic light village! Lol

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 26, 2023, 02:40:53 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on August 26, 2023, 02:33:08 PMDennis if you were here I'd recommend you going up to the Prickly Pear Festival in Superior this weekend. I'm not a motorcycle rider, but I think it would be a good ride....

Sounds cool Ron  8)  I live in a 1 traffic light village! Lol
I love small towns.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 26, 2023, 02:36:58 PMI'm trying to learn from her and stop fighting old age.  Little by little I'm coming to grips with the fact that I can't do as much as I once did.

At 76 I'm starting to learn that, too!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron