• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 11:51:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 766
Total: 767

da 4th.........

Started by Mugwump, June 30, 2015, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

........any special plans for the 4th of July weekend???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Picking up the grands tomorrow in NYC.  They will hang out with me for the next 10 days while their mom gets a break. We will barbecue on the deck on the 4th. Will do Hershey Park on one of their days here.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 30, 2015, 04:24:28 PM
Picking up the grands tomorrow in NYC.  They will hang out with me for the next 10 days while their mom gets a break. We will barbecue on the deck on the 4th. Will do Hershey Park on one of their days here.

That's a good time about to happen, Willie. ...better loads up on vitamins....LOL........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Heading out on the 4th. Gotta  be in Dodge city on monday

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on June 30, 2015, 05:08:34 PM
Heading out on the 4th. Gotta  be in Dodge city on monday

Dang.....do you get 'Holiday' mileage ??... ;D
Jon

ilroost

I get paid for the fourth so it's like double pay. Trying to make as much as i can until the end of the year, then going to call it quits. On the 22nd of june i had been driving for 30 years. So after 1 million and a half miles i gonna get out of over the road driving.

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on July 02, 2015, 09:46:08 PM
I get paid for the fourth so it's like double pay. Trying to make as much as i can until the end of the year, then going to call it quits. On the 22nd of june i had been driving for 30 years. So after 1 million and a half miles i gonna get out of over the road driving.

...Good for you, that's a lot of driving and sitting.....upside, wow, the places that you've been to, and the things you've seen.....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 03, 2015, 06:26:47 AM
Quote from: ilroost on July 02, 2015, 09:46:08 PM

...Good for you, that's a lot of driving and sitting.....upside, wow, the places that you've been to, and the things you've seen.....
Great to hear of your impending retirement. 30 years over the road is tough but like Jon said "the things you've seen". Good luck as you head toward that day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

They said that it would rain but I didn't believe them so I did laundry and hung it out.  Suddenly we had this huge blow and huge rain. It kinda comes and goes with it's intensity but the rain hasn't stopped.  I sure hope it lasts.  I need the water for my pairs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

....our lawn mower is on the 'fritz' right now so I borrowed the neighbors to , at least, cut the front and sides.......it's a power  mower, the push type...I got the front and sides done and kept on going on the much larger back yard.......I got to the hill and did most the top.....got a little fuzzy brained and said screw this.......it's hot, muggy, humid.....not ideal exercise weather for us older gents......nope......that damn grass can just grow.....
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on July 04, 2015, 03:02:03 PM
....our lawn mower is on the 'fritz' right now so I borrowed the neighbors to , at least, cut the front and sides.......it's a power  mower, the push type...I got the front and sides done and kept on going on the much larger back yard.......I got to the hill and did most the top.....got a little fuzzy brained and said screw this.......it's hot, muggy, humid.....not ideal exercise weather for us older gents......nope......that damn grass can just grow.....

Get a free range horse that does not wander off   Easier said than done, I know.  Because I have a good horse I have only had to mow once my front yard once this year, and I'm in Mississippi where stuff grows fast!  Of course what she prefers are wild flower shoots. I sued to have a nice wild flower meadow,  No more.  Her second choice is my Saint Agustin grass which is what is in my yard.

The old horse has never looked better in the 7 years I have had her.  I figure that horses are more important than flowers.  She doesn't like my phlox which feeds the butterflies nor does she like
Cleomie, nor does she eat daffodils, Iris nor Glads.  She won't touch garlic.  The tasted my only pot plant and didn't like it but damaged the stem a bit.

Mugwump

....we got it done.....Jan came out and we tag teamed it a bit.....some of that grass was over a foot tall and still damp/wet underneath.....that's nasty mowing gang....shower time now....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Take a look at Dr Trimmers.   Wet doesn't bother them.  Tall doesn't bother them.  They are work horses extraordinaire.