• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 04:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 761
Total: 761

Wed's cup chatter....

Started by Mugwump, August 05, 2015, 06:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....Cool out this morn'n, mid 50's......cracked my window open and I am enjoying a great cup of coffee...... ;D I just finished reading an email from my brother, he's the self appointed family historian, and has traced the family tree back a bunch. He has our Grandmother's charts, pics, letters, Bibles, etc....so he's had much to work with from previous endeavors. Well, he went and had his DNA tested and the whole family story is really opening up in details that we never imagined.....the little bits of info that were puzzling are beginning to make sense and fall in place.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

That's quite interesting Jon. Doug's Mom is into family history also. I know more about my in-law side of the family than I do my own.

I'll be returning to the hospital shortly to visit Doug. Hopefully he can come home today. Yesterday I took him to the ER. He got very dizzy, weak and was literally dripping sweat. The CT scan showed what was described as an ischemic stroke....and that the brain showed it wasn't the first one. Our local hospital transferred him to a hospital in Lansing for neurological exams. All the little warning signs were missed by us and docs. They make sense now.  :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on August 05, 2015, 06:59:10 AM
That's quite interesting Jon. Doug's Mom is into family history also. I know more about my in-law side of the family than I do my own.

I'll be returning to the hospital shortly to visit Doug. Hopefully he can come home today. Yesterday I took him to the ER. He got very dizzy, weak and was literally dripping sweat. The CT scan showed what was described as an ischemic stroke....and that the brain showed it wasn't the first one. Our local hospital transferred him to a hospital in Lansing for neurological exams. All the little warning signs were missed by us and docs. They make sense now.  :o

Wow Pauline. I am very sorry  to hear about Doug. It's great that you were able to get him quickly to the ER. I wish Doug a speedy recovery.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Here's wishing Doug a speedy recovery.... ;D   When caught early, strokes are very manageable....the new drugs work wonders..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I too, am wishing for Doug's speedy recovery.

GraphicGr8s

There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Ron Sower

These are scary things. Pauline. I'm glad you got him there and they recognized the issue and hope he's going in the right direction now.  Wishing the best for you and Doug.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BillT

Best Wishes for Doug, Pauline.
Keep both of your spirits up!

BallAquatics

Thinking of you and Doug.  Hope they get him fixed up and back home soon.

Dennis

PaulineMi

Thanks everyone. So far a doc said the part of his brain showing damage won't affect daily living...that is unless he tries to do some calculus problems.  :)  He's had a CT scan and an ultrasound so far. They're doing an MRI in a couple of hours and he may be able to come home afterwards.  ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on August 05, 2015, 02:05:41 PM
Thanks everyone. So far a doc said the part of his brain showing damage won't affect daily living...that is unless he tries to do some calculus problems.  :)  He's had a CT scan and an ultrasound so far. They're doing an MRI in a couple of hours and he may be able to come home afterwards.  ;D

That's good news... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...thanks for the update, Pauline
Jon

BallAquatics

...that is unless he tries to do some calculus problems.  :)

Who needs stinking Calculus, Algebra rules!!!   8)

Thanks for the update Pauline.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

They'll be able to give him good drugs that make this not happen again I hope.  I'll be thinking of you.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 05, 2015, 03:24:04 PM
They'll be able to give him good drugs that make this not happen again I hope.  I'll be thinking of you.

'statins' ??
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 05, 2015, 02:55:59 PM
...that is unless he tries to do some calculus problems.  :)

Who needs stinking Calculus, Algebra rules!!!   8)

Thanks for the update Pauline.

Dennis

Trig for the win.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were