• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 03:21:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 835
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 836
Total: 837

A nice Sunday cup...

Started by Mugwump, July 31, 2016, 05:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is very, very good....MMMmmmm...I may need a larger cup..?

..a cooler morn'n around 60deg's...80 for a high....that's ok...I'm just putz'n all day...chicken kabobs on the grill later   MMMmmmm...

..fry water changes this morn'n....a couple errands...vac out the Tahoe??....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..dang this coffee is good.... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2 here.... 8).........wake up sleepy heads........rise and shine !!

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Rjb3

I slept in. What did I miss? Wait, coffee first. BRB

wsantia1

I'm up. Just taking care of the dog and some bills, etc. Tomorrow is the 1st after all. I was surprised my money was in the bank already.  |^| |^| |^|

Coffee was great an d the weather is ok for now. We are supposed to get hit hard again this afternoon though. Good thing this is a new neighborhood so we don't have any big trees. There were a lot of them knocked down by yesterday's rain. The ground is saturated. huh

Just putzing around today. Did WCs yesterday. Maybe I'll clean some lids and mop the basement floor. What do you guys use to scrub the concrete floor by your tanks? Flake food is a PITA to get up if you don't vacuum it right away. I might try some Dawn? huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 31, 2016, 09:14:10 AM
..... What do you guys use to scrub the concrete floor by your tanks? .....

More water changes.   :P :P :P  LOL

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 31, 2016, 09:21:13 AM

Dennis

LOL. I probably need another overflow.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

A lot of dull stuff on tap, laundry and house tidying.  I rinsed the nixilated corn just now and in a minute I'll start the carniatas.  WC later, as always.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 31, 2016, 09:23:06 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on July 31, 2016, 09:21:13 AM

Dennis

LOL. I probably need another overflow.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

....Perfect !.... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 31, 2016, 09:42:05 AM
A lot of dull stuff on tap, laundry and house tidying.  I rinsed the nixilated corn just now and in a minute I'll start the carniatas.  WC later, as always.

...get some pics of the food prep, Liz....sounds like an interesting process...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I didn't take pics.  It would just have been too difficult to stop what I was doing, wash hands, grab camera, and take pics.  The Carnitas were excellent.  The tomatillo sauce with avocado was the best salsa I've ever had.  Better than the salsas served in Mexico.  I failed with the tortillas which made the entire meal a failure.  I don't know why.  I've got a bunch of frozen masa so I guess I'll have to try again some time.  I wish there was some one I could go to for a hands on lesson.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 31, 2016, 03:28:56 PM
I didn't take pics.  It would just have been too difficult to stop what I was doing, wash hands, grab camera, and take pics.  The Carnitas were excellent.  The tomatillo sauce with avocado was the best salsa I've ever had.  Better than the salsas served in Mexico.  I failed with the tortillas which made the entire meal a failure.  I don't know why.  I've got a bunch of frozen masa so I guess I'll have to try again some time.  I wish there was some one I could go to for a hands on lesson.

Jon

LizStreithorst

I was making rustic corn tortillas, not that four stuff.  I had to buy a 25 bag of the right kind of corn from Amazon.  It was hugely overpriced.  The prep to make them took many steps and a very long time.  I think it may have made them masa incorrectly although I thought that I did everything right huh  I need hands on help from a real Mexican cook.  I have a couple of aces in the hole where I might be able to get real hands on help.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 31, 2016, 08:12:45 PM
I was making rustic corn tortillas, not that four stuff.  I had to buy a 25 bag of the right kind of corn from Amazon.  It was hugely overpriced.  The prep to make them took many steps and a very long time.  I think it may have made them masa incorrectly although I thought that I did everything right huh  I need hands on help from a real Mexican cook.  I have a couple of aces in the hole where I might be able to get real hands on help.

these?..... http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-corn-tortillas-from-scratch-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-85904
Jon