• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 06:03:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 852
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 843
Total: 843

Thursdays coffee......>>>>

Started by Mugwump, January 14, 2016, 06:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee is very good this morn'n....MMMmmmm

30 deg's headed for near 40 today....if the sun comes out too, it'll be a nice day  |^|

I had the Power Ball and one number, so I get $4......cool..... ;D  three winners, Fla, Tenn, and Calif......maybe Bob and Gale bought one down there and won?  ;D ??????

Water changes today and fish room putz'n...maybe an errand or two?, but we'll be staying around home mostly....                           
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great this morning. It's going up into the high 40s today with sunshine and light winds. I'll take it.  |^| |^| |^| Water changes and new tank setups/fillups today. A 20 & a 29 for sure but I may at least put the two 55s on the stand and have them ready to go. huh By the end of the day I'll have 2 quarantine tanks and a regular 29 ready to go and 2 55s on standby. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 14, 2016, 06:28:09 AM
Coffee is great this morning. It's going up into the high 40s today with sunshine and light winds. I'll take it.  |^| |^| |^| Water changes and new tank setups/fillups today. A 20 & a 29 for sure but I may at least put the two 55s on the stand and have them ready to go. huh By the end of the day I'll have 2 quarantine tanks and a regular 29 ready to go and 2 55s on standby. ::)

..you really need more tanks.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 14, 2016, 06:32:49 AM

Once those two 55s go up, I have another two 20Hs and that will be it. Just no more room. wfwf
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on January 14, 2016, 06:21:17 AM

30 deg's headed for near 40 today....if the sun comes out too, it'll be a nice day  |^|

I had the Power Ball and one number, so I get $4......cool..... ;D  three winners, Fla, Tenn, and Calif......maybe Bob and Gale bought one down there and won?  ;D ??????

Water changes today and fish room putz'n...maybe an errand or two?, but we'll be staying around home mostly....                           

Nope. Wasn't us.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 14, 2016, 06:40:35 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 14, 2016, 06:32:49 AM

Once those two 55s go up, I have another two 20Hs and that will be it. Just no more room. wfwf

,....there is always more room....LOL....
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 14, 2016, 06:41:21 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 14, 2016, 06:21:17 AM

Nope. Wasn't us.

Rats !!............
Jon

LizStreithorst

It may hit 70 here today.    Got a good nights sleep.  Good a good day of dogs coming up.  Things are looking up ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 14, 2016, 07:24:43 AM
It may hit 70 here today.    Got a good nights sleep.  Good a good day of dogs coming up.  Things are looking up ;D

70 ?....nice......... |^|
Jon

Rjb3

We're going to look at a few houses while we're down here.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 14, 2016, 08:03:00 AM
We're going to look at a few houses while we're down here.

Cool.....just around Orlando....or any place?
Jon

Rjb3

Titusville mostly.

They have farmer's markets all year long down here. And, Florida doesn't tax your pension.

Mugwump

Sounds nice....near Daytona and Canaveral too.... |^|.....Hurricane history?

It's actually above freezing here now.... ;D....I'll be cutting the grass here soon.....LOL
Jon

Ron Sower

Coffee's good here... Yesterday a helper and I tore out the hearth where the pellet stove used to be. Going to get the flooring to fill in the space it left today and he'll come back and help me install it tomorrow....who am I kidding?...I'll help HIM install it. 

Since I rearranged my tasks to different days, I'm going to start setting up the little tank with the corner HMF today. I'll set the brackets in place with silicon. Then tomorrow I can put in substrate and water from one of my established tanks for a quick start.

We'll also be painting our built in China cabinet in the dining room to match the stained cabinets in the kitchen. I was amazed at how spot-on Sherwin Williams came to matching a paint color to our stain. I believe if I'd known they could have done that, I would have convince Miss Lucy to paint rather than stain all those kitchen cabinets. The stripping and cleaning and 2-coating with stain, and 2-coating with polyurethane was a tremendous & tedious project.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 14, 2016, 10:43:50 AM
Coffee's good here... Yesterday a helper and I tore out the hearth where the pellet stove used to be. Going to get the flooring to fill in the space it left today and he'll come back and help me install it tomorrow....who am I kidding?...I'll help HIM install it. 

Since I rearranged my tasks to different days, I'm going to start setting up the little tank with the corner HMF today. I'll set the brackets in place with silicon. Then tomorrow I can put in substrate and water from one of my established tanks for a quick start.

We'll also be painting our built in China cabinet in the dining room to match the stained cabinets in the kitchen. I was amazed at how spot-on Sherwin Williams came to matching a paint color to our stain. I believe if I'd known they could have done that, I would have convince Miss Lucy to paint rather than stain all those kitchen cabinets. The stripping and cleaning and 2-coating with stain, and 2-coating with polyurethane was a tremendous & tedious project.

Wow...is M's Lucy ever going to let you be done... huh   

I, also, retract my thoughts about mowing soon.............Sunday's high will be -2 below  huh....stay in Fla a bit longer Bob/Gale... |^|
Jon