• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 11:25:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 733
Total: 733

Sunday coffee

Started by Mugwump, February 12, 2017, 05:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..The coffee is very, very good....a cooler day for us...early rain/drizzle...windy...and blah....

Absolutely no plans for us..... 8)....we'll take it as it comes.....

I received the new baseball ball stat setup from our 'stat' service yesterday, so I may tinker with the team rosters before the upcoming draft. I can print out each teams amended draft sheets and get a jump on my prep. before we meet up.....draft days for us are a blast.  |^|  can't wait...

..now?...more coffee, of course......?? might throw some clothes on and run over for a bag of fresh bagels here in a bit..  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..Pot #2.... 8)   ......up and at 'em... |^|

..Bob, how was the GB swap...I saw Gale's pic...looked like a nice place........'steak' on the way home, eh?....must have been a good one  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Yup. The swap was great. Well planned and set up. 8' tables and lots of room for customers. Thirty vendors. About half were salt water. Neat set up. The organizers said there were 500 attendees at just their second event. I'm thinking it will only get bigger. It was a good day. Steak on the way home. LOL

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on February 12, 2017, 07:39:07 AM
Yup. The swap was great. Well planned and set up. 8' tables and lots of room for customers. Thirty vendors. About half were salt water. Neat set up. The organizers said there were 500 attendees at just their second event. I'm thinking it will only get bigger. It was a good day. Steak on the way home. LOL

..nice....how long a trip for you folks?...3hrs one way?
Jon

Rjb3

It took 2 hrs 40 min. to get there. We're getting used to the drives, and it's nice to meet new people.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on February 12, 2017, 07:52:52 AM
It took 2 hrs 40 min. to get there. We're getting used to the drives, and it's nice to meet new people.

....that's not too bad.....but still a haul round trip in one day, with the swap time included.....we may try a few longer distance swaps to see how it goes...?.....Motel 6....?..Econolodge ?
Jon

Rjb3

I'm getting a little nuts on the driving. We do St. Louis and return the same day. To Kansas City, we stay over. It's not really a big deal to recover the money for the motel room. You can find rooms for $60 or so. Gale wants to stay over more often. It does make for a long day otherwise.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on February 12, 2017, 08:02:43 AM
I'm getting a little nuts on the driving. We do St. Louis and return the same day. To Kansas City, we stay over. It's not really a big deal to recover the money for the motel room. You can find rooms for $60 or so. Gale wants to stay over more often. It does make for a long day otherwise.

...yeah, my thoughts too......we'll have to work on pet sitters here .... huh....we may try one for grins... |^|...see how it goes, etc...
Jon

Rjb3

Since we lost Deuce we don't have pets that need attention here. It's a little selfish, but we can just pick up and go at the drop of a hat and be gone for as long as we want.

wsantia1

We've been up for a while. Coffee was great and now I'm just putting on the finishing touches on my cleanup. going to get the big shop vac to hit the fishroom and the last thing will be the garage on the way out the door.

Did I mention I had an "Open House" today? lol

What's really funny is that a realtor who works with my realtor and is hosting the open house has a degree in Marine Biology from LSU. She say's she can't wait to see my setup.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's a lovely day for playing outside.  Wish I could make myself get off my lazy ass.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...plopped into the recliner and pulled up a throw blanket.........got warm and fell asleep... |^|.........naps are good things... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...starting to get moving around here now...overdid it yesterday with moving furniture in and out to get the living room re-set...

...delicious coffee today... going to be cooler at 75 and cloudy all day....

...so in moving all the furniture around, had to undo and redo the TV, Bose, DVD player and Dish equipment...thought I had the cables all marked to go back correctly...oops 3 with no mark on one end :(....got a buddy coming by in a few minutes to, as he says, bail my ass out again...!!! I'm learning that humble pie is okay after all...! :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 12, 2017, 11:04:47 AM
...starting to get moving around here now...overdid it yesterday with moving furniture in and out to get the living room re-set...

...delicious coffee today... going to be cooler at 75 and cloudy all day....

...so in moving all the furniture around, had to undo and redo the TV, Bose, DVD player and Dish equipment...thought I had the cables all marked to go back correctly...oops 3 with no mark on one end :(....got a buddy coming by in a few minutes to, as he says, bail my ass out again...!!! I'm learning that humble pie is okay after all...! :-\

LOL.....watch and learn......try turning on a bunch of em and see what doesn't work.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I got up off my ass and had a good day.

I played outside.  I hung cut outs of an elephant and a giraffe on the house side of the small barn so I can see them every time I walk out the kitchen door.  There's a nice lady in town who puts stuff she no longer wants out on the curb for people who pass by to take if they want.   They were so cool I had to ask if she was really giving them away.  She was!  The giraffe is on the 4' wall and the elephant is on the 8' wall with the gate in the center.  They are too cool.

Then I hauled fallen limbs and branches to the burn pile.  It's a never ending task around here.  Then I re-potted a couple of large asparagus ferns and a couple of peace lilies.  That was fun.  I did a ton of laundry.  I got to hang it outside because it was warm and lovely.  I swept and dusted the joint to make it look somewhat presentable.  Finally, I cut a bunch of daffodils and set them on an end table in the living room.
Always move forward. Never look back.