• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 08:14:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,349
  • Total Topics: 18,542
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 753
Total: 754

Coffee on a dreary Saturday

Started by Mugwump, June 13, 2015, 06:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee's great but it's another blah day....might clear up later tho...

putz'n and water changes...then some serious chill'n out.. ;D

...more coffee.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Coffee? That's what I forgot. brb

wsantia1

Supposed to cool down a bit today. Only 88 degrees projected.  Cold front and lots of rain on the horizon for the coming week. Have to make some tough decisions in the fishroom today. ??? ::)

Coffee was definitely very good. I made a little extra so I don't have to brew a whole second pot. :o
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 13, 2015, 06:43:15 AM
Supposed to cool down a bit toda. Only 88 degrees projected.  Cold front and lots of rain on the horizon for the coming week. Have to make some tough decisions in the fishroom today. ??? ::)

Coffee was definitely very good. I made a little extra so I don't have to brew a whole second pot. :o

LOL....on the second pot here.....choose wisely, separate....then look em over in a day or so....I've had slow growers explode in growth when separated from the veracious eaters... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've got tree guys.  I always think that I'll be too nervous to watch them work but then I take a peak and get fascinated and impressed by their skill.  The two small trees are down.  He guided one of the trees down and laid it in the right spot by guiding it down with the saw.  WOW!  He wanted to get the small ones out of the way because he figured that he's need the guy with the bucket truck for the big oak.  He didn't think that he could make it fall right with just him and his helper.  Now that he can see, he's thinking he might be able to find a way to with out the big truck with the bucket.  He's smoking a cig and talking it out with his helper. I didn't want to stand there watching while he was busy thinking.  I hope he can manage it. 

The cig is finished and he's still staring at the tree and talking it out.  I love watching a master work.  This guy is a master.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Well, I need the guy with the bucket truck.  The bucket truck guy has a four hour minimum but Billy said that he will be be passing right by for another job and if he can get in and out fast, which he will be able to since the small trees are out of his way, he will wave the minimum charge if he asks. 

While he was here, he trimmed my Holly and Magnolia that always scrape the top and sides of The Beast where I'll be pulling in to the carport.  Before he left, with out me even asking, he said he's do the same thing with the 2 oak trees that are right next to my dirt road.

He has a stump grinder, too!  I didn't know.  He will grind my stumps and since I'm doing the carport on the cheap with dirt and gravel, rather than a slab will work.  As the roots rot out, which takes a long time with hard woods, all I'll need to do is add more gravel.

Mugwump

I like watching those tree guys too.....some are so good it's scary....they can drop a tree on a dime.... :o
Jon

LizStreithorst

Now the Half Black guy is no his way.  His internet was down and didn't have my phone number saved to his phone. Since he hadn't called I figured he wasn't going to show.   He had his wife email me his phone number and I called.  He'll be here by 6:30.  Never a dull moment here lately.  I hope he buys a ton of fish like he did last time.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 13, 2015, 04:29:43 PM
Now the Half Black guy is no his way.  His internet was down and didn't have my phone number saved to his phone. Since he hadn't called I figured he wasn't going to show.   He had his wife email me his phone number and I called.  He'll be here by 6:30.  Never a dull moment here lately.  I hope he buys a ton of fish like he did last time.

;D...you'll sleep good tonite.... ;D
Jon