• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 10:02:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 757
Total: 757

Wednesday's coffee....MMMmmm

Started by Mugwump, June 10, 2015, 05:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...1st cup was outstanding..2nd cup fantastic....and now another good cup.... ;D

..hot today, 90's...humid.....a little putz'n on the 150 this morning, siphon the bottom, wipe the glass, squeeze the sponges, etc...surface temp was 80 yesterday....might try a few fish to check it out now...I need to get the water parameters checked too....

..then some fry water changes down stairs...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Some storms are, and have been, going around us. Today the smallest of the marble angels will be going back into the 75 with his siblings. We're leaving on vacation next week and I want to make sure he'll be okay in there. He's not an aggressive eater...I think it's partially due to the effort of swimming with huge fins. He needs some time to grow into them.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Coffee here as usual very good. ;D  The sunshine is nice and bright with not a cloud in the sky. Going up to 87 today but with low humidity so it will be a great weather day for me. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Going to have lower temps today...in the 70s I think. Still good. 78 is actually prefect here.

Went to the club meeting last night and picked up a new, for me, Rotala plant, some VietNam Minnows (variety of white cloud), and some black bar endlers. I just released the endlers into one of my outside tanks. The VNMs are in my indoor 55. I practically denuded it yeaterday in order to get some Odessa barbs out. Then the guy decided he didn't want them! So back in they went and the plants are still in a bucket!!! I can actually see fish in the tank now!!!!!!! :o :o :o

Lucy has a Bunco meeting here tomorrow night so I gotta get the tank replanted today....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Today was much better than yesterday.  Business still slow, who knows why?  They had me busting my butt last month.  Still no rain, but I got my carpenters ;D ;D ;D ;D.  They moved the airpump outside, covered the tanks and painted clorox on the rafters.  I couldn't even smell the Clorox when I walked in.  They took out that heavy expensive piece of glass that was supposed to be a skylight but has nothing but a thorn in my side, and put more lumber in where it was needed for reinforcement.  They've got about half of the insulation in and are working on installing the fan and humidistat which will be in by they time they leave.  I will have a big hole punched in my stash of cash by the time they're all done, but I will be happy.  Happiness is more important than dollars :)

The boss man's son brought his young son.  He told me that the little stinker went out to them and said,  "Two of those big round fish are floating on their sides on the top of the water.  Is that bad?"  'Bout gave them heart attacks.  He was pulling their legs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

It's good that it's all finishing up now.....your fish room will be safe from the elements now....and a good exhaust fan to boot  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on June 10, 2015, 02:37:51 PM
It's good that it's all finishing up now.....your fish room will be safe from the elements now....and a good exhaust fan to boot  ;D

It's in the 90's now, with the humidity and dew point up there too.....heat index is upper 90's....it's a hot/sticky day....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 10, 2015, 02:31:38 PM
The boss man's son brought his young son.  He told me that the little stinker went out to them and said,  "Two of those big round fish are floating on their sides on the top of the water.  Is that bad?"  'Bout gave them heart attacks.  He was pulling their legs.

I'll bet you put the little stinker up to doing that!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 10, 2015, 02:55:47 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 10, 2015, 02:31:38 PM

I'll bet you put the little stinker up to doing that!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I don't think I'd have had the guts.  The guys know how much the fish mean to me, and they are doing such a good job.  It was a good joke from someone who knew he could get away with it.
Always move forward. Never look back.