• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 12:49:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 800
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 800
Total: 800

Monday's coffee time...

Started by Mugwump, June 08, 2015, 05:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee's great this morn'n... ;D  MMMMmmmm   bunch of putz'n and errands today....80's and a chance of rain today, actually a chance of rain all week....LOL....I should have mowed.....LOL.....

I need to get a box out, but will have to pick a good day...mid-upper 80's means 90's around here.....we'll see....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Cool and overcast here.  I probably jinxed any real chance of rain when I drained down the collection system.  LOL

Another box going to Texas and a couple others headed out west.....  Hoping for an easy week, it's been very hectic lately.

Grass needs mowed here too!

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 08, 2015, 08:00:46 AM
Cool and overcast here.  I probably jinxed any real chance of rain when I drained down the collection system.  LOL

Another box going to Texas and a couple others headed out west.....  Hoping for an easy week, it's been very hectic lately.

Grass needs mowed here too!

Dennis

Radar shows it heading your way..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee really good this morning. ;D  Nothing on the radar until this evening when we have thunderstorms projected. A week ago we were in a drought situation but no more.  We are above where we need to be and the ground is saturated. :o

Need to finish moving and culling Koi fry today. Easier said than done. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Coffee most excellent today. Sat out on the deck with Miss Lucy and drank it as we looked at and admired our new slider door I had put in yesterday. Today I will paint the trim around it on the exterior and recut and trim out the interior and paint it. Then I'll start pulling plants for our club meeting auction tomorrow. I might even do a home search for a potential buyer...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

The dentist went well.  I have to go again next week for a filling.  The assistant likes me and told me that if I'm happy with the temporary partial that he gave me last time I don't need to get the fancy one that the dentist wants me to get.  She just saved me $600.  The carpenters arrived today...finally...They're fixing all the things that were made wrong in the fish room.  The whole room is one big leak when it rains.  They'll have to replace all the insulation and tie in the roof to the fish room correctly.  An extra $600. will come in handy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...Sounds good....fixing the leak(s) will nice....and yep, I'll bet the extra $$$'s will come in handy....
Jon

LizStreithorst

They're finishing up now, for today.  All the insulation in the fish room will have to be replaced.  It was full of black mold.  They wanted to spray Clorox on 2x8's because they're full of mold, too.  i explained that all the fish would die.  Then the boss wanted to pull out and replace the 2X8's one at a time.  I thought that perhaps they could cover the tanks with plastic tarps, move my central air pump outside (it would only involve drilling a hole in the outside wall, and using a brush to paint the Clorox on.  He said they could set the pump on a stool and cover it in case of rain.  I told him that I would run my idea by a former facility manager :P  It will me my choice and if they follow my idea and the fish all die it won't be their fault.  (that wasn't said but it's the truth)

The boss man suggested something that I didn't even know existed.  After the guys removed the ceiling and insulation there was condensation on the inside of my roof over my rack of 100 gallon tanks.  I'd never even heard of a humidistat  before, have any of you?  He wants to install a small exhaust fan connected to a humidistat that will come on when the humidity gets high during the summer months when it's to hot to use the dehumidifier.  What a wonderful idea!

BTW, they left the joint spotless.  When I was a carpenter's helper, after the boss said, "roll 'em up"  he always said, "no DNA".  That's the way it should be.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 08, 2015, 02:59:29 PM
They're finishing up now, for today.  All the insulation in the fish room will have to be replaced.  It was full of black mold.  They wanted to spray Clorox on 2x8's because they're full of mold, too.  i explained that all the fish would die.  Then the boss wanted to pull out and replace the 2X8's one at a time.  I thought that perhaps they could cover the tanks with plastic tarps, move my central air pump outside (it would only involve drilling a hole in the outside wall, and using a brush to paint the Clorox on.  He said they could set the pump on a stool and cover it in case of rain.  I told him that I would run my idea by a former facility manager :P  It will me my choice and if they follow my idea and the fish all die it won't be their fault.  (that wasn't said but it's the truth)

The boss man suggested something that I didn't even know existed.  After the guys removed the ceiling and insulation there was condensation on the inside of my roof over my rack of 100 gallon tanks.  I'd never even heard of a humidistat  before, have any of you?  He wants to install a small exhaust fan connected to a humidistat that will come on when the humidity gets high during the summer months when it's to hot to use the dehumidifier.  What a wonderful idea!

BTW, they left the joint spotless.  When I was a carpenter's helper, after the boss said, "roll 'em up"  he always said, "no DNA".  That's the way it should be.

The humidistat sounds like a great idea, given your climate and enclosed fish room. The bleach being applied with a brush, or roller, should work well too because the room is opened up..........adding exhaust ventilation while doing it will help a bunch also........as long as they don't start spilling down on the tanks you'll be good to go...and covering them for protection is a good idea for that reason.....and yes, yes, yes....move and shield the pump....you can even turn it off for the short time it takes to treat the wood.....bleach vapor in the airlines you don't want......jmho....
Jon

LizStreithorst

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*  That's what I was hoping to hear.  Thanks so much.

Ron Sower

You'll have a setup for the humidity similar to a commercial greenhouse now!  Great fishroom.....I envy you, lady!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...more storms passed through her....looks like Dennis gets his barrels filled later.....yeppers, heading down his way they are.... :D
Jon

Ron Sower

Still sunny and nice and warm here. No rain in the forecast. Heading to Applebee's in a few minutes for din-din.

Got the slider trimmed out on the inside and painted the trim. Looks really nice, even if I do say so myself. I also cleaned up the mess he made of the caulking on the siding at the outside edges of the door frame. I'll touch up paint it tomorrow.

Miss Lucy told me today she likes my finish work better than Dan's. That's a real compliment because Dan does a lot of work for us when I'm not able to do it.  I sure am slower than I used to be, but decided I really don't have to hurry for any reason.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron