• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 11:42:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,351
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 766
Total: 766

Been a tough day

Started by Rjb3, May 22, 2015, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

So sorry to hear this. They are just like family and it really hurts. Praying the treatment works for her

Rjb3

I want you all to know how much I appreciated your support and kind words. I went back and read all the posts a couple of different times. Thank you all for taking the time to try and make me feel better. Some people are faced with much more than a sick dog and they pull through with the help of others.

Douce didn't make it.

LizStreithorst

Oh, My Captain, I know how hard it is.  We always can find a way to blame it on ourselves.  I've done it...everyone does it.  It must be part of our nature to feel that way when a dog who loves you without condition dies.  We think, "If I'd only done this." or "If I hadn't done that".  It's just the way we are unless we're heartless SOB's.

Please think of the life after the kennel this dog would have had had it not been for you.  She was loved by both you and Gail and she gave that love back.  You did well.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Damn emotional suffering is a part of life.  If you weren't suffering over Douce's death you wouldn't be the kind man that you are.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

That's sad news, Bob...Fortunately Douce was with folks who cared, and loved her..she'll be remembered.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Very sorry to hear about Douce Bob. My thoughts and well wishes are with you.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

The sad comes and goes. I expect it'll be that way for a while. She was a good dog.

BallAquatics

Sorry for your loss Bob.  They earned the name 'man's best friend' for a very good reason.

Dennis

wiggs

Bob & Gail, Sorry about your dog. I know that is hard, we have lost dogs also and it is never easy. I just wish that they could live longer , 10-12 years isn`t enough.   :'( :'(
Jan

Ron Sower

Bob, we have a little Shitzu that is "Lucy's Dog". I know that I'm going to miss him when he's gone, even thought he's attached to her hip! It's tough losing a family pet member like Douce. Condolences to you, friend.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

I know it's hard to lose a beloved pet. You guys showed him love he wouldn't of knowing.  And he is truly at peace.  My thoughts and prayers for you and Gail.
Scott

PaulineMi

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Douce.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

Barb

My sympathy too Bob.  I bet he was a great dog.
Barb