• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 03:54:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,331
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 330
Total: 332

for some reason i am getting depressed

Started by greydragon, September 23, 2017, 05:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greydragon

i had a real bad dream last night about my mom going off to live with my sister taking my cat with her and leaving me all alone living on the streets and i just cant get myself to feel better today,its like a black cloud over me and i just dont feel like doing anything.for those who also dont know my step dad whom i called dad most of my life died yesterday at 3:41 and thats one of the reason i think i had the dream.i hope i dont get as depressed as i did in high school that was a real bad time for me as well

LizStreithorst

It's understandable given the death of your step dad, and your impending move, and the vultures circling looking for what they can get.  I've had issues with anxiety and mild depression for most of my life.  My doc put me on an antidepressant.  It not something that zonks me out or changes my personality.  It helps but it's not a cure.  I still have my times of despair and times like recently with the dog where I felt like I was loosing it, but it helps.

Live can be the most joy-filled thing.  It can also be so bad that you wonder if going through it is worth the pain.  It sucks, but life is like that.  But when it comes down to it, life is the only thing we have.  I have considered the alternative to muddling through and ruled it out every time.  (I won't allow myself to have a gun, just in case...) 

It never seems like it when you're going through it but looking back over my many years I can see that good times arrive after bad times.  Hoping for the good times doesn't do any good.  In my experience the good times only show up after I have come to an acceptance of the bad times and starting being able to see beauty here and there once in a while.  I many not have said that well.  If I were you I would accept that you're going to feel this way for a while, and keep busy by preparing for the move. I hope you can find a nice place.  Will you be able to take your fish?

(LOL, I'm not a shrink but I'm allowed to play one at Mug's place).
Always move forward. Never look back.

greydragon

Barb

Yes, it is understandable that you feel depressed now.  But it will pass.  I have always heard and seen it proven, that when a person is down it always helps to look for other people who are even more down than you are, and try to help them.  No matter how bad things are for you, there are always people who have it even worse.  Do you have a local animal shelter?  They are always looking for folks to help out there.  If you attend church, ask your minister if there is some way you can be of help there.  Do you have a neighbor you could help out?  Be strong and brave and you will get through this bad time in your life.  And don't be afraid to ask professionals for help.  Take care,
Barb

Mugwump

..Hang in there, bro....Good changes are coming.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

i hope they are its been crap for awhile except when i get some new fish that always makes me happy (liz thank you)