• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 02:48:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 639
Total: 639

Danio choprae & Celestial Pearl Danios

Started by PaulineMi, June 11, 2013, 10:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

And here are the Danio choprae as of today.  They're even more difficult to photograph! The fact that they're in a 55 gallon tank doesn't help.  Then, of course, the angels have to come up to the front of the tank to see what I'm doing.  Lol.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

All of these danios are awesome "in real life".  Dennis and Bill sent me very nice fish. The choprae look like they have LED eyes.  The CPDs' colors are very rich and deep.  The pictures that show their colors better were blurry.  My photography skills consist of turning dials and pushing buttons, experimenting with settings until the pictures looks okay.   ::)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

BillT

Nice picture Pauline.

QuoteMy photography skills consist of turning dials and pushing buttons, experimenting with settings until the pictures looks okay.

The best thing I did for my fish photography was to get a separate flash unit.
The more light you can bounce off a scene into the lens, the shorter the required exposure, the less blur due to movement you will get.
I put the flash above the fish tank which eliminates reflections.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on September 01, 2013, 07:23:15 PM
Nice picture Pauline.

QuoteMy photography skills consist of turning dials and pushing buttons, experimenting with settings until the pictures looks okay.

The best thing I did for my fish photography was to get a separate flash unit.
The more light you can bounce off a scene into the lens, the shorter the required exposure, the less blur due to movement you will get.
I put the flash above the fish tank which eliminates reflections.

Interesting...thanks
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

wsantia1

Great pictures. I see so many good ones on this site. I need to take more pics so that I can get better.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BillT

QuoteWould that be a "slave unit" Bill?

I guess. I am not up on all the terminology.

Through the incredibly fast wonders of electronics, the camera is able to control how long the flash is on by measuring the amount of light entering the lens and telling the flash to turn off after the camera has enough light. This is called TTL metering or something like that. TTL is Through The Lens.
The one I have is wired to the camera. An alternative is wireless or infrared controlled flashes. I believe that several Wireless or IR controlled flashes can be controlled by one camera. These things cost more as do stronger flashes that put out more light and can better freeze rapid motion. 

I know there are

PaulineMi

Thanks Bill. I have a favorites file dedicated to photography articles and equipment. I read it when I feel like straining my brain.  What you are describing sounds familiar and is likely to be something I saved.

BallAquatics

Very nice Pauline, they are very difficult to photograph you did a splendid job.  Believe it or not, I got my first CPD's in the hopes that they were too small to eat baby shrimp.  After watching my little "wolf pack" ravage a Red Cherry shrimp tank, I found I liked the fish more than the shrimp!

Dennis

PaulineMi

Thanks Dennis.  And your description of them as a "wolf pack" is right on the money.  At first I thought they were simply schooling. Then I saw one angle it's body, head down, and "poof" ... a cloud of substrate...the quarry was captured.  The group continued checking for baby shrimp under leaves and in the Java moss.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

BillT

Thanks Bill. I have a favorites file dedicated to photography articles and equipment. I read it when I feel like straining my brain.  What you are describing sounds familiar and is likely to be something I saved.

This is the site I go to the most for photo info:
http://www.dpreview.com/
dp stands for digital photography.

They have general reviews and detailed reviews of specific pieces of equipment. A photographer friend told me about it. I find it very useful.

Mugwump

Nice site..thanks !!...now if I can find which end to point and...???.....
Jon

PaulineMi

Ron Sower

This is a nice thread!  Thanks for the website Bill. 

Love the Choprae and CPDs.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron