• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 08:01:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 743
Total: 743

Coffee on Monday.....

Started by Mugwump, September 22, 2014, 06:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....is just fine....MMMMmmmm...can't wake up....more coffee needed....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

oh do I hear you  :-\  More COffee
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Ok....up and at em.....and it looks like the hot water heater finally pooped out....it's pretty old and it won't stay lit....likely a thermocouple, but it's just past it's time....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on September 22, 2014, 08:57:50 AM
oh do I hear you  :-\  More COffee

After that fiasco last night..geez Louise....idiots...
Jon

Mugwump

...looks like we'll try the thermocouple first....the water heater doesn't leak, it's clean, I've flushed it frequently....so...why not?... ;D....it's an A O Smith and they're built to last....we'll see...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Good luck.  You have maintained it well and it's built to last so it should work.

What did you do for a living before you retired, Mug?  You seem to know everything. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

$30-$35 bucks gor a thermocouple sure beats $800+ to have a new hot water heater put in...yep..
it's a purring away now... ;D

I've worn a few different hats Liz, but spent most my years in Facility management...
Jon

P4Angels

Like my dad used to tell me, "you don't have to know every thing, just a little of everything".
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on September 22, 2014, 02:41:29 PM
Like my dad used to tell me, "you don't have to know every thing, just a little of everything".

yep...and...where to find out, if you don't..... ;D  I've always like libraries, they are like a temple of knowledge...the internet opens up a library too, for us all...first hand experience is priceless tho..
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on September 22, 2014, 02:21:16 PM
$30-$35 bucks gor a thermocouple sure beats $800+ to have a new hot water heater put in...yep..

I've worn a few different hats Liz, but spent most my years in Facility management...

Facility management.  That doesn't tell me much.  Please be more specific.  I'm curious.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 22, 2014, 03:47:19 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 22, 2014, 02:21:16 PM

Facility management.  That doesn't tell me much.  Please be more specific.  I'm curious.

We managed everything from whole school districts , major high rises, college campuses, office complexes, etc......my last position I managed 28 schools in the northern part of the Chicago school system. ...six large high schools, and the rest intermediate schools. This consisted of the running and maintenance of the boiler rooms/bldg/custodial/grounds, etc. We were responsible for the budget of same, as well as any capital expenditures and construction, and in many cases, the food service on site. Teachers taught, kids learned, they ate...we did all the rest.
Jon

LizStreithorst

Thank you for the satisfying answer :)   Now tell me about where your excellent taste in art came from :P  I'm nosy :-[

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 22, 2014, 05:24:42 PM
Thank you for the satisfying answer :)   Now tell me about where your excellent taste in art came from :P  I'm nosy :-[

LOL...My Dad was a mechanical engineer, in his early days. He designed the assembly line for the first mass produced television by RCA, in Indianapolis. My Mom liked the arts, and was a painter. Dad later was the VP of European operations for Singer corporation. They lived in Zug Switzerland for a few years. They became exposed to all the arts of the various countries there.
Jon

LizStreithorst

You have good genetics and are lucky to have inherited the best from both sides.  Not all promising crosses produce the desired results.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 22, 2014, 07:36:12 PM
You have good genetics and are lucky to have inherited the best from both sides.  Not all promising crosses produce the desired results.

My folks were great people, I miss them a lot.... ;D We were given wonderful opportunities in life. It's said that myself, my brother, or my three sisters, could walk into any airport in the world, and likely meet someone we know in about 10 minutes....LOL....
Jon