• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 06:54:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 563
Total: 563

Sunday's coffee...

Started by Mugwump, August 31, 2014, 06:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

......is awfully good,,,MMmmm.....just what I needed too....ZZZZZzzzzzzzz....... :o :o :o :o :o :o....guess I'd better get another cup?...this one one barely made it through me checking the ball scores....  8) It's that time of year, it's just now getting light outside....fall will be here soon...I like the fall....the cool and dry weather, and the changing colors of the trees.... ;D....and cider from the local farms...yum..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Fall is showing signs of its beginnings.  A few yellow leaves on the river birch trees, some flowering plants need to be cut back, hanging flower baskets looking worn out....However there are flowers that come into their full glory this time of year.  Am also looking forward to the short period of time we get to enjoy the colorful trees, crisp mornings and fresh cider.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

I learned to enjoy the fall as a young lad. I (we) still take walks to see the colors. Our family lived in western New York, a short drive from Letchworth State Park, the 'Grand Canyon of the east'. The maple trees would explode with such vibrant colors, that you would just stand and stare in awe.

Thoreau,  "We love to see any redness in the vegetation of the temperate zone," Thoreau writes, apropos the Pokeberry bushes. "It asks a bright sun on it to make it show to best advantage, and it must be seen at this season of the year."

Or read Keat's "To Autumn"....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson