• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 12:45:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 527
Total: 527

This forum

Started by GraphicGr8s, August 25, 2014, 02:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

I have to say this forum has become my second favorite to check every day.
Most of the areas I am interested in however seem to be a little slow the lounge and the people there are great. I've pretty much read the old posts and seems we have a great knowledge base.

There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

lol,  This is my favorite place ;D  I stirred up some interest in Discus here just by talking about them and posting pics.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Thank you. We're just a bunch of fish keepers that enjoy the hobby, but have lives too....LOL...also, it's become a nice place to make friends, and avoid the drama found on some sites. You're a welcome addition here. We'll tap your knowledge as time passes..... ;D In the meantime, coffee's in the pot, help yourself  ;D...pull up a chair and chat a spell....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Thank you kindly. The only other place I check on a regular basis is the planted tank . net. Well and of course Tampa Bay Aquarium Society. Use to be a regular on pentax forums also but I don't seem to be shooting as much anymore. Or as interested in that forum. Seems as though most of the other forums are rarely posted to. Days go by and there is nothing. Silence.

I do enjoy your coffee breaks Mugwump. Interesting to say the least.

Isn't always easy to just "pull up a chair and chat. Some of us are still working age. And having a 5 YO at my age takes a bunch of time. I'll be 65 with a 16 year old. What was I thinking? (OK I wouldn't trade it for the world. And he's an only.)

Here's to the 6th POC.  (pot of coffee)
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

LOL....what's 65??? I can't remember ???....we have a bunch of grand kids that age  ;D...and three about 16 already ;D...age is a mindset, that's all, it's only as old as you let it be... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

and sheesh, you're only on the 6th pot.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 25, 2014, 03:49:02 PM
Thank you kindly. The only other place I check on a regular basis is the planted tank . net. Well and of course Tampa Bay Aquarium Society. Use to be a regular on pentax forums also but I don't seem to be shooting as much anymore. Or as interested in that forum. Seems as though most of the other forums are rarely posted to. Days go by and there is nothing. Silence.

Isn't always easy to just "pull up a chair and chat. Some of us are still working age. And having a 5 YO at my age takes a bunch of time. I'll be 65 with a 16 year old. What was I thinking? (OK I wouldn't trade it for the world. And he's an only.)

Hey Graphic....!  You're gonna be growing old with the rest of us, right? It'll be a good ride.
I can't imagine having what would be an 18YO at 67. That's where I am right now.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 25, 2014, 06:23:39 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 25, 2014, 03:49:02 PM

Hey Graphic....!  You're gonna be growing old with the rest of us, right? It'll be a good ride.
I can't imagine having what would be an 18YO at 67. That's where I am right now.

LOL...leave the kid alone, Ron....LOL........besides, you'll never catch up to me....LOL...I raised fish for Noah on the 'Ark'.... ;D....you were just my helper at the time....LOL  ;D......
Jon

LizStreithorst

Too funny!  Are you really the oldest one here, Mug?  You don't seem old.  I'm 63.  Barb is 63.  lf we're all a bunch of old farts here we're a cool bunch of old farts.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 25, 2014, 06:40:51 PM
Too funny!  Are you really the oldest one here, Mug?  You don't seem old.  I'm 63.  Barb is 63.  lf we're all a bunch of old farts here we're a cool bunch of old farts.

69 on the downside to 70.... ;D....old ain't so bad... ;D

bunch of youngsters here too....we're a mixed bunch....cool ain't it?.... ;D.....Scott's nearly our 4th son too, via rte 39..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

ilroost

Hell i'm 54 and thought i was old. I am starting to think i'm the youngest one on here anymore

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: ilroost on August 25, 2014, 09:18:09 PM
Hell i'm 54 and thought i was old. I am starting to think i'm the youngest one on here anymore

We be the same age. And that's as far as I can go with the bad grammar.

My son is God's answer to prayer and His blessing to me and the wife and to the grandparents. He's an only.

MW, I don't drink but 1-2cups of coffee anymore. Seems I do it more out of habit on workdays now. But then again I use to drink a 12 pack of diet coke a few years ago. Can't stand it anymore. Water most of the time anymore.

I may only be 54 but this body has taken a lot of abuse. I hope I make it to 65.

Ron Sower

One of the reasons I love this forum is that it is a ''mature'' group of ''Mugwumpers'' on here. It's much better than some of the other ones I used to inhabit regularly. It's like home to me! And I welcome you 54 yo kids!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

This is the forum that I refer to as the one with my fish forum friends....the ones that are closest to my age bracket. I'm 66 years young and still kickin'.  ;D  Looks like Jon and Ron are the forum elders.

There are not many forums where everyone is so nice. Visiting here is like sitting down with friends, enjoying some coffee and chatting about whatever....fish, music, even life and death. It's like our very own version of "Cheers".
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Quote from: PaulineMi on August 26, 2014, 04:15:25 AM
Visiting here is like sitting down with friends, enjoying some coffee and chatting about whatever....fish, music, even life and death. It's like our very own version of "Cheers".

Perfect analogy!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: PaulineMi on August 26, 2014, 04:15:25 AM
This is the forum that I refer to as the one with my fish forum friends....the ones that are closest to my age bracket. I'm 66 years young and still kickin'.  ;D  Looks like Jon and Ron are the forum elders.

There are not many forums where everyone is so nice. Visiting here is like sitting down with friends, enjoying some coffee and chatting about whatever....fish, music, even life and death. It's like our very own version of "Cheers".

Well I can figure out who Sam is but what about Carla, Cliff and Norm? And of course beloved Coach?