• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 11:51:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 543
Total: 544

New member here!!

Started by aric03, December 22, 2014, 07:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aric03

Hello All,

My name is Aric and, as you all could have guessed by now, I am a new member to this Fish World.  I am not a regular breeder, though I have bred apistos in the past and I have a 10-gallon becoming over-populated with guppies. 
I am in the middle of re-stocking my 40 that had a filter malfunction while I was on vacation in September causing me to lose a few nice angels, a school of cardinals, and a full-grown male abn pleco. 
I also am planning on fully planting my 40 and tearing apart my diy led fixture when/if I finish a new diy led fixture with controller for sunrise/sunset/moonlight.
Anyhow...
Nice to meet you all and join the crew,
Aric

Mugwump

Hi Aric.....welcome aboard....that 40 sounds like a nice project....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

aric03

It is amazing how true the saying is, "if you don't use it, you lose it."  It relates to me not being able to to communicate in spanish (even though I took four years of spanish in high school), and to building led fixtures.  I spent yesterday brushing up on just the electrical part of a simple dimmable led fixture I made a couple years ago.  Now I am almost ready to get in over my head in basically designing a small computer to control my lights and heaters.  Some people even program the things to dose nutrients with peristaltic pumps.  I am not quite sure I am ready for that business. 
Anyways Jon, have you given any thought to my last email?

Aric

Mugwump

I haven't had a recent one...???...are talking about your wanting BN's??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

aric03

ilroost

Mugwump

Jon

aric03

Thank you all for the welcomes.

Rjb3

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Welcome to the forum Aric!

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.