• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:47:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 556
Total: 556

Welcome to the 'new' kid on the block...

Started by Mugwump, September 22, 2014, 06:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...he's popping in from the QC forum .....welcome.. 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

New_b0401

Thanks Mugwump! Glad to be here! Can't wait to meet everyone and learn some new tricks! You can call me Liz or New whichever is easier to remember ;) I'm new to fish keeping I set up my first aquarium 4 months ago hence the name. It was a 45 gallon hex with lid and stand that I purchased on craigslist for $25. I have to brag greatest find ever! lol Now I have the 45 with angels a 10 gallon planted guppy breeding tank (I plan to set up a few more tanks to be more selective with breeding.) a 29 gallon low tech planted community tank, a 10 gallon multi tank, and a 20 gallon angel breeding tank and I'm working on getting my first successful spawn(the pair is on their 4th spawn now) I plan on letting them parent raise. So to say the least I caught the addiction lol Oh I almost forgot and my 3.5 gallon planted betta tank ;D

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

whoops  ;D she's popping in....LOL Now we two Liz's here...cool....
Sounds like you have some nice tanks going...nice ;D    Pics are welcome too ....there's places below to pop em up if you get a chance...?....It'll good to meet you out at the swap next month...better get some tanks ready...LOLOLOLOL.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I will call you Liz, Liz.  Welcome.  Tell me what you know about your recalcitrant pair.  What strain are they or what mix of strains?  A pic of them would be delightful.
Liz
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Welcome Liz#2!  Glad to have you join us!
Barb

New_b0401

Thanks everyone! You can call me Liz#2 if you want to save on confusion 8)
I'm really new so sorry if I sound dumb, but this is what I've been told about my pair
The female is suppose to be a DD black zebra with blue gills that's what Phil at roe's told me when I bought her. I've had someone else tell me pinoy and possibly some gold marble in her
The male I was told DD blue by Elaine who I got him from (don't know if she's on here, but she's from QC) and then I had someone else say he may have some clown because of the spot?
All these different things have got my mind boggled  :o
I would love to hear your opinions about what they might be ;D

I will try to get pictures of my other tanks and fish later :)

New_b0401

My post was too large had to post separately lol

JC

Mugwump

Top one's a Blue clown...the second is a Pinoy (clown too?) ..but I can't see any of the markings, except that the fin striations indicate it's has zebra too....
Jon

Mugwump

If you want, try posting below under 'angelfish'....that way it'll all be in the correct section....
Jon

New_b0401

Sorry Mugwump  :-\  should I just start I new thread there? I'll try posting a better picture of the female

Mugwump

Quote from: New_b0401 on September 22, 2014, 08:16:16 PM
Sorry Mugwump  :-\  should I just start I new thread there? I'll try posting a better picture of the female

No need to be sorry... ;D....it just lumps them all together for future reference that's all......sure pop one up....
Jon

New_b0401

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day