• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 10:34:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 755
Total: 755

Sunday coffee

Started by Mugwump, May 14, 2017, 05:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..good morn'n everyone...the coffee is fantastic  |^|    grab a cup..

...a nice morn'n here...57deg's....even the doves are coo'n.....the high about the same as yesterdays 80....so another nice day for us here  8)

...not much planned, but usually there's something we end up doing..... huh...

..about time for pot #2...been up for a bit for some reason....?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning all. Coffee is great and the rains have stopped. Still have a bunch to do but only have 4 more tanks to move. Of the 4 only 2 will be set back up. The other 2 will be cleaned up and sold or donated.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 14, 2017, 06:02:52 AM
Good morning all. Coffee is great and the rains have stopped. Still have a bunch to do but only have 4 more tanks to move. Of the 4 only 2 will be set back up. The other 2 will be cleaned up and sold or donated.

WILLIE !!!!!......good to see ya.....it's nice to hear that the end is in sight with your move......soon it'll be over, and the serious putz'n begins.....you know?....finding things...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Morning gents.  Good to hear you are coming down the home stretch Willie.  Moving is a PITA!!!

Beautiful day here.  Plan to finish up the mowing maybe some house work too.  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Pot #3 is a fine pot of coffee.... |^|

...I put a gallon jar out on the deck railing making 'sun' tea.... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

...hi group...it's a nice 80 at the moment and should rise to about 93 today...I'm really enjoying being back here out of that rain and drizzle in Seattle area...

...a shout out of thanks to George G for linking me up with the ARK meeting last night (Arizona Rivulin Keeper)...It was a fun group and all were open and helpful with information...funny thing though, they only take cash or checks at their trade tables...I'd been to 3 different LFSs up in that area through the afternoon before the meeting and ended up with only $4 cash...!! wfwf....but with a little horse-trading I did get 4 BNs a plant, and a microworm culture for that $4.... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

...I also met people from the Tucson and Drywash (Phoenix) Clubs and I'll be checking them out too...  |^|

...today? well...I guess today I'll figure out where I'll set up the 3g nano I bought yesterday at one if the fish stores...and planting the new specimens I got yesterday, too...and I should go get some milk...!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I hung a 4x8 door on the chicken house, removed a broken window and patched the hole, then patched another hole in the front of the building and put the last piece of ply wood along the bottom side of the building.  I stupidly took down a piece of wafer board back when I didn't realize how expensive treated ply was.  Now I'm trying to put it back up.  It's wet and weighs a ton and I'm just not quite big and strong enough right now.  I really really wanted to get it in place today but ain't gonna happen.

I did not put the ridge cap on.  I had an uncomfortable feeling about getting on the roof today, and since I'm here all alone I didn't feel that it would be wise of me to ignore a silly feeling.

All I have left to do is that piece of wafer board, the ridge cap, some plastic wood, and painting.  I'm so close to being done, but I'm still not done.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 14, 2017, 03:45:31 PM
I hung a 4x8 door on the chicken house, removed a broken window and patched the hole, then patched another hole in the front of the building and put the last piece of ply wood along the bottom side of the building.  I stupidly took down a piece of wafer board back when I didn't realize how expensive treated ply was.  Now I'm trying to put it back up.  It's wet and weighs a ton and I'm just not quite big and strong enough right now.  I really really wanted to get it in place today but ain't gonna happen.

I did not put the ridge cap on.  I had an uncomfortable feeling about getting on the roof today, and since I'm here all alone I didn't feel that it would be wise of me to ignore a silly feeling.

All I have left to do is that piece of wafer board, the ridge cap, some plastic wood, and painting.  I'm so close to being done, but I'm still not done.

..you'll have to have a 'grand opening' ceremony.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 14, 2017, 04:12:30 PM

...and can invite all the other chickens in the area to a really nice gala event...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 14, 2017, 04:20:02 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 14, 2017, 04:12:30 PM

...and can invite all the other chickens in the area to a really nice gala event...!

....HMMmm...like a big chicken bar-b-que.... 8)
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'll post pics of what I did today tomorrow.  I'm just too tired from doing this little bit of work to go take pics of what little I got done wfwf  I'm as proud as a new mama of what I have done but also like a first time mama, I can see all the stuff I could have done better if I had a clue what I was doing.  I see my mistakes.  I hate them, but I could only do my best. 

I have to give Charlotte her due.  She was sick for the plywood but she hauled heavy tin and long stuff that was lashed to her side with aplomb.  Charlotte started life as a construction truck.  She must be joyful about getting to do the same stuff she did when she was younger.  She was witness to the fact that I was flirted with by a very respectful gentleman with a dry sense of humor.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 14, 2017, 10:12:21 AM
...today? well...I guess today I'll figure out where I'll set up the 3g nano I bought yesterday at one if the fish stores...and planting the new specimens I got yesterday, too...and I should go get some milk...!

...got nothing done...!  Hahaha! ...kinda wasted away today...!
|^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 14, 2017, 11:44:50 PM

|^|

+1  |^|...kinda nice tho, huh?.... 8)
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 15, 2017, 06:01:26 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on May 14, 2017, 11:44:50 PM

|^|

+1  |^|...kinda nice tho, huh?.... 8)

Yep... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron