• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 22, 2024, 08:38:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 848
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 762
Total: 762

Quitting Smoking Part II

Started by LizStreithorst, January 24, 2017, 07:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Thank you gentlemen. I did a hard thing that people do every day.  It will be a cold day in hell before I quit beer or home grown.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Nicely done Liz.  I knew you could do it!   |^|

Dennis

waterboy

Congratulations, Good for you.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

ilroost

Good Job Liz!! I need to quit myself

LizStreithorst

Gentlemen, if someone were to appear out of nowhere and offer me a good imported cigar I would smoke it up.  I'm not free of the addiction yet, I'm still just overcoming it.  I will be free when the darling things that I know I hate more than I love can no longer reach me with their allure.

Ron Sower

YOu sure have a way with words, Liz...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Thank you, Ron.  You gave me my favorite compliment :-[

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It has been almost 6 weeks.  My body is free of nicotine.  It's something in my mind yearns for it a couple times a day. I decided that I hated them more than I loved them.  Once I decided that, resistance is futile.  The damn things still call to me.  They'll quit once they figure out that they are wasting their time.

Mugwump

..good for you, Liz  |^| w!w |^|......nicely done
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I fell off the wagon and I'm fessing up.  It was last Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon.  I was at my local supermarket.  They sell imported cigars.  They aren't that great because the cigars are pretty well dried out due to not being cared for correctly.  I spied tins of Punch slim panatellas and knowing that I was doing something I would regret bought one.  The first half of the first cigar grossed me out.  After that I was looking forward to one.

I have finally smoked them up.  I only smoked a couple a day and they are little cigars but I started coughing again which is a good thing because it reminded me of a reason I hate them.  The mistake I made was going off the patch.  I thought I had it licked but it's not licked until you no longer think of them at all.  I was not there.

I'll slap a patch on tomorrow and in the future not think I know better that the CDC.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 02, 2017, 05:33:25 PM
I fell off the wagon and I'm fessing up.  It was last Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon.  I was at my local supermarket.  They sell imported cigars.  They aren't that great because the cigars are pretty well dried out due to not being cared for correctly.  I spied tins of Punch slim panatellas and knowing that I was doing something I would regret bought one.  The first half of the first cigar grossed me out.  After that I was looking forward to one.

I have finally smoked them up.  I only smoked a couple a day and they are little cigars but I started coughing again which is a good thing because it reminded me of a reason I hate them.  The mistake I made was going off the patch.  I thought I had it licked but it's not licked until you no longer think of them at all.  I was not there.

I'll slap a patch on tomorrow and in the future not think I know better that the CDC.

....whoops.... 2c2....crap happens.....now get the patch on before bedtime.... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 02, 2017, 06:02:43 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 02, 2017, 05:33:25 PM

....whoops.... 2c2....crap happens.....now get the patch on before bedtime.... ;)

You can still do this. We're in your corner all the way. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

waterboy

You are relying too much on the patch, it is only an aide.  Will power is the way to do it.  Just my two cents.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.