• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 04:04:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,338
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 659
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 660
Total: 660

Spawns===>

Started by Mugwump, August 20, 2013, 02:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 19, 2013, 08:15:15 PM
A hidden gold would have 1 gold gene? ???

Yeppers.....takes (2) to express....little snots ;D..they can hide everywhere... :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Well my LFS will probably get the gold.  They really like marble and gold. LOL
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 19, 2013, 08:25:13 PM
Well my LFS will probably get the gold.  They really like marble and gold. LOL

LOL...you might want to save a pair....wild blood crossed into them and all.....it be a decent cross to your Plats to punch up your line...especially a gold ghost...there's a stripeless floating in some too, matter of fact...look for a stray Plat paraiba???might be possible with the right pair combo???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Well I'm probably going to hold on to this spawn for a while until I get a good idea of what they may be.  I'm hoping I get some nice wild types out of them   The two that spawned were the ghost type ones.
Willie

Mugwump

Very cool......look for the blue blushers  +/+ S/S......a pair with punched up wild genes are to die for.....yep....I'm looking at some now  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....gorgeous, black fins, nice blush. bluish cast body......I had a pair that laid close to 1000 eggs a spawn, I sold em all, time and again... ;D

I'm off now to finish a few things before nite nite  ;D
Jon

wsantia1

The  manacapuru x pair that I got from Jon as juvies and spawned on 9/22 now has free swimmers.  Hopefully they wont eat them like they did the last time I left them with a spawn.  They are in a quiet area in the house.  I also have some fry from this pair that have been free swimming for 8 days.  I'm raising those.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 28, 2013, 08:29:31 AM
The  manacapuru x pair that I got from Jon as juvies and spawned on 9/22 now has free swimmers.  Hopefully they wont eat them like they did the last time I left them with a spawn.  They are in a quiet area in the house.  I also have some fry from this pair that have been free swimming for 8 days.  I'm raising those.

They're in rhythm now....you must be doing it all right ;D...congrats...nice job. You'll see some blue blushers in there +/+ S/S.....save yourself ( and me ;D) some of those. You can sell them all day at a swap....plus it's a beautiful phenotype. If you can get a pair going, you're in business.

and I might add...look for the little button on the forehead....there won't be many, but you'll want those....yep.
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 28, 2013, 08:45:58 AM

They're in rhythm now....you must be doing it all right ;D...congrats...nice job. You'll see some blue blushers in there +/+ S/S.....save yourself ( and me ;D) some of those. You can sell them all day at a swap....plus it's a beautiful phenotype. If you can get a pair going, you're in business.

and I might add...look for the little button on the forehead....there won't be many, but you'll want those....yep.

Thanks Jon.  I'll make sure I save you some.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 28, 2013, 10:32:21 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 28, 2013, 08:45:58 AM

Thanks Jon.  I'll make sure I save you some.

Not a great picture but this is pair with fry.
Willie

Mugwump

I love the red eyes with the stripe, rigid upright finage, red cap coming in round, thick bodies....gorgeous pair.
Jon

wsantia1

Thanks for breeding them Jon.  This is my favorite pair.
Willie

b125killer

Them are a pretty pair Willie. You'll get some good fry from them.
Scott

b125killer

It was a good day for spawns, my St.Isabel/Rio Negro spawned. they'll  parent raise so I don't have to tend to there eggs. The chocolate blues spawned. and I have a new pair pb clown and smokey paraiba. I pulled there spawn. The chocolate blues will get to keep there spawn. I have been trying to let them parent raise. they just don't seem to want to. They will tend to there eggs but end up eating them before they hatch.   
Scott

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on October 04, 2013, 08:27:35 PM
It was a good day for spawns, my St.Isabel/Rio Negro spawned. they'll  parent raise so I don't have to tend to there eggs. The chocolate blues spawned. and I have a new pair pb clown and smokey paraiba. I pulled there spawn. The chocolate blues will get to keep there spawn. I have been trying to let them parent raise. they just don't seem to want to. They will tend to there eggs but end up eating them before they hatch.

Sounds like a very good day Scott.  Good luck with those.  Chocolate blues sound very enticing to me right now. LOL.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Nice, Scott....more rain/storms til Tuesday....you'll need more tanks ;D
Jon