• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 06:13:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 548
Total: 548

155 Bow Front Stand

Started by b125killer, May 25, 2014, 11:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Things are coming along with this project. I'm hoping to get the stand done tomorrow. Here are some pics of what I got done so far.

Scott

PaulineMi

You've done a great job with that stand Scott. Very nice work.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

..very nice, Scott.....you've done a good job on it....can't wait to see it finished... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

b125killer

Thanks everyone, I hope it doesn't rain that hard today. I might not be able to work on it, I really need a workshop.
Scott

PaulineMi

Hmmmmm....combination workshop/fishroom.  Stick a divider in it and as Jon would say....bodda boom... ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

I have tried working next to the fish room, the problem is the sawdust seems to find it's way through my house and into the tanks. It's really bad when I sand down there. I can get away with a few cuts here and there. Just not doing everything at once.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 26, 2014, 07:29:11 AM
Hmmmmm....combination workshop/fishroom.  Stick a divider in it and as Jon would say....bodda boom... ;D

LOL...............or....Boomba!!!.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Great looking stand Scott.  That bowfront setup is going to be awesome. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

EdKaz

I like that......good job

Mugwump

Scott....are those 2 X 6's ?.....
Jon

b125killer

Thanks Guys, There is both 2x4 cross and 2x6 down. Do you guys think it will hold the 1800 pounds? If not I can always add more wood.

Scott

Mugwump

I think that your fine....it'll hold a car....LOL
Jon

b125killer

I think it can hold a couple of cars.  LoL I'm thinking it can hold around 10000 pounds. It's also nice and level. It's going to look nice when it's done.  I don't think I want to do another bow front stand. This wasn't a easy build. Theres a lot of little angles that I needed to figure out to keep everything straight and level.
Scott