• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 04:40:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 622
Total: 622

I want this

Started by LizStreithorst, April 19, 2016, 06:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

If you have the one in the picture it is a convection oven.  Open up your oven door and you should see the fan in the back same as the one pictured.

I know that stainless is all the rage but I prefer all black.  I don't trust today's stainless to hold up like it did years ago.  It's just a feeling.  It might be just fine.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 19, 2016, 07:07:46 PM
If you have the one in the picture it is a convection oven.  Open up your oven door and you should see the fan in the back same as the one pictured.

I know that stainless is all the rage but I prefer all black.  I don't trust today's stainless to hold up like it did years ago.  It's just a feeling.  It might be just fine.

as I said....it is not a convection oven... ;D.....black/stn stl.....both show smudges easily.....this stn stl we have is easy to clean, shows the sins too..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

People on my cooking forum have suggested the GE Adora from Home Depot.  GE appliances kind of spook me.  Heck the outer panel to my oven door fell off and I googled around and saw that this is not uncommon with GE ranges.  I know that it is 8 years old and I bought it for it's looks, but that happening is an abomination in my eyes.  The damn thing was glued on, no slots, no screws, just glue.  Someone on the food forum suggested that I join consumer reports for a month and look at reviews.  I think I'm better off following the advice of my appliance fix-it man.  It's after 6 o'clock here and the guy it still working.  He said that he'd be happy to call me back and let me pick his brain when he's done.  He's a very nice man.

Mugwump

We love ours....the range top burners are stoutly built...that's a heavy grid....and that middle fifth burner rocks......if you get the one with the convection oven, you'll be pleased...... ;D.........jmho..
Jon

LizStreithorst

I think so too, Jon.  But I would rather follow the advice form a guy who spends his life fixing the darned stuff and knows the innards intimately than take advice from Consumer Reports or the experts at the food forum.