• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 03:39:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 646
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 596
Total: 596

Koi pair, ever vigilant

Started by Mugwump, May 27, 2015, 05:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Nice pair Jon. Best wishes with that spawn. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 27, 2015, 05:55:06 PM

Thanks Willie.....they're very closely related to those that you have too.. ;D....Ed had their bros/sisters.... 8)
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 27, 2015, 06:01:09 PM

Thanks Willie.....they're very closely related to those that you have too.. ;D....Ed had their bros/sisters.... 8)

Then they should be some real greedy fry. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 27, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

LOL.....they have raised, but not every spawn....we'll see...the parents eat like they have two hind ends....sheesh  :o
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 27, 2015, 06:16:36 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on May 27, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

LOL.....they have raised, but not every spawn....we'll see...the parents eat like they have two hind ends....sheesh  :o

Funny you should say that because after that nice spawn my # 1 Koi pair gave me they have been messing up every spawn since. ???

One time the male did not even fertilize the eggs. I think I'll move them to a corner tank and load them up on frozen blood worms. ::)

Maybe I'll separate them for a couple of days first. They have been spawning every 7 to 10 days so they may need some rest. 8)
Willie

Mugwump

A few whities, but looking pretty good so far....
Jon

wsantia1

Willie

Mugwump

Well, they played 'hide the fry' a few times...and fewer each move...now they're gone??.....I think that I'll just pull another spawn from them...
Jon