• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 01:06:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 615
Total: 615

Thursday greeting

Started by Barb, June 17, 2021, 08:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody, it is a nice sunny morning here, not hot yet, and I tried out my new electric lawnmower that my son gave me yesterday.  It is too small and weak for his large yard, but perfect for my little lawn.  And I like battery powered equipment, not car though.  It comes with 2 rechargeable 40 W batteries and the charger.  With this and my battery string trimmer I can keep the whole yard looking good.  But 3/4 of my whole yard is landscaped with everything but grass, just mulch and beds of flowers and shrubs.  It rained 1" while I was gone so all is green and lush. Hope the rest of you have a good day doing lots of fun things!  I know that Ron sure will!
Barb

wsantia1

Good afternoon Barb and everyone. Just getting back in from food shopping and it is absolutely gorgeous outside today. Our high temp will only get up to 77 degrees and our humidity is at 34%. Combine that with sunny skies and very little wind and it make for a great day.

I was going to putz in the fishroom today but I think I'll putz in the yard. I still can't do anything real physical but I can hold a hose and play in the water.

Hoping you all are having a great day too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi lady and gentleman and the other gentlemen (perhaps 1 or 2 more) later.

My steroid shot is officially doing what it is supposed to do.  I actually have energy and joy in life again.  I finally feel like ME.  Yesterday I wasn't totally played out after WC.  Instead of falling into bed before the sun went to sleep I stayed up, sat outside enjoyed my garden and life in general.  This morning after I got up I had a lovely mow.  Then I did a dog and got a little spending money in my pocket for a change.

Most importantly, my apatite is back.  I'd been loosing weight most of which I'm sure was muscle because I'd been spending 11 to 12 hrs in bed every day out of necessity.  It feels good to have my "self" back again.  Of course I still have pain but I'm used to it and can handle it.  It's only when it gets so bad that I feel constantly drained that it becomes intolerable.  I finally know not to over do it.  I'll take it easy for the rest of the day.  I'll make a nice meal, have a small rest, do WC, and then finally get around to make the brownies I've been thinking about for over a week.

It's a beautiful sunny day.  It's 88 outside but still cool enough inside for me to keep the doors open.  I imagine I'll have to turn on the AC for a while later in the afternoon but it will cool off enough by the time I hit the sack to open the door for the dogs again.  Real air from the out of doors feels so much better to me that air from the AC.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 17, 2021, 01:59:51 PM
Hi lady and gentleman and the other gentlemen (perhaps 1 or 2 more) later.

My steroid shot is officially doing what it is supposed to do.  I actually have energy and joy in life again.  I finally feel like ME.  Yesterday I wasn't totally played out after WC.  Instead of falling into bed before the sun went to sleep I stayed up, sat outside enjoyed my garden and life in general.  This morning after I got up I had a lovely mow.  Then I did a dog and got a little spending money in my pocket for a change.

Most importantly, my apatite is back.  I'd been loosing weight most of which I'm sure was muscle because I'd been spending 11 to 12 hrs in bed every day out of necessity.  It feels good to have my "self" back again.  Of course I still have pain but I'm used to it and can handle it.  It's only when it gets so bad that I feel constantly drained that it becomes intolerable.  I finally know not to over do it.  I'll take it easy for the rest of the day.  I'll make a nice meal, have a small rest, do WC, and then finally get around to make the brownies I've been thinking about for over a week.

It's a beautiful sunny day.  It's 88 outside but still cool enough inside for me to keep the doors open.  I imagine I'll have to turn on the AC for a while later in the afternoon but it will cool off enough by the time I hit the sack to open the door for the dogs again.  Real air from the out of doors feels so much better to me that air from the AC.

Hey Liz. Glad to hear that you are feeling so much better. I won't be able to get into the back doctor until July 14th. huh

I wish I could leave my doors/windows open to get fresh air but my allergies won't allow it.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Thank you Willie.  I'd forgotten how good if felt to have a manageable degree of pain.

I'm sorry you're having to wait so long to get in to see your doc.  It's the way it usually is and it's the way it was when I was made an appointment to see that pill pusher years ago.  I think that my family doctor's nurse must have pulled some strings or something to make me able to see her mother's pain doctor so soon after I told her that the time had come when it was necessary for me.  I need to buy a thank you note and send it to her. 
Always move forward. Never look back.