• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 05:14:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 335
Total: 336

Amazing idea

Started by BallAquatics, March 10, 2013, 10:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

What if roads and parking lots were solar, fueling enough energy from the sun to power nearby communities as well as electric vehicles? Scott and Julie Brusaw, the inventors/creators have the answer.

http://vimeo.com/40095422

Dennis

Mugwump

I like it...wondering how they'll repair pot holes tho.... ;D....but great for roads banning truck traffic...they tear the roads up awful quickly..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on March 10, 2013, 10:55:15 AM
I like it...wondering how they'll repair pot holes tho....

Perhaps they will take a lesson from Canadian engineers and use enough well drained base material???  I can remember traveling in northern Canada as a child, where the roads were built on top of gravel..... like railroad tracks.  The water drains before it can freeze and bust the concrete and/or asphalt.

Dennis

PaulineMi

That's a waaaay better idea than the huge, very huge, windmills taking over an area of countryside out here.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

greydragon

i think its a great idea

LizStreithorst

I couldn't watch hardly any of the video because of my lousy internet connection, but I think like Mug, that repairing this thing would be hugely costly.  Vehicles would be traveling over it all the time.  It would wear where the tires run.  I also have a concern about the road's surface.  It looks pretty slick to me, which is fine if you're moving fast, but not so great when you need to take evasive maneuvers.
Always move forward. Never look back.