• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 11:45:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 404
Total: 404

The Pleasure of Glass Boxes

Started by PaulineMi, February 19, 2013, 11:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

This is one of the things that brings me enjoyment now that I'm retired.

The main tank in the family room with angels, White Cloud Mountain minnows, Corydoras loxozonus, sterbai and one I'm not sure of. The left side isn't heavily planted so my husband can see into the tank from his easy chair. (Not sure he cares. Lol.)

Five of the "fish room tanks".  Left side is 40 breeder for my "little fish". It currently houses dwarf loaches, 3 rummy nose tetras and a cranky rubber lipped pleco.  This is where my danios from Bill and Dennis will go.

The center top 55 is angels, little Pentazona barbs, a BN and two clown plecostomus one of which I've had for 10 years. The tank below is my brackish water tank with a Neovespicula depressifrons (wasp fish with a venomous dorsal), a knight goby, a molly and two orange chromides, the only known brackish water cichlid.

Top right is the discus tank. Temporary fake plants for security purposes. Bottom is Neolamprologus brevis  (shell dwellers), Julidochromis Marlieri and a Calvus, ink fin I believe. They're now all together for mutual population control.

And finally, my red cherry shrimp tank (on a dresser that's been around since I was a little girl. That's one  old dresser!) and the black water tank with angels, Pristella tetras, Corydoras loxyzonos (wild caught), and a BN pleco.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

I like it, but you need more tanks.. ;D ;D ;D.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I'm getting another tank.  A 90 for the discus!  (Honest honey, this reeeeaaalllly is the last one.  Lol)

Oh, and I didn't show the empty 29, 37 and three 4 gallon tanks that sit at the ready for whatever. ;)

A nice story about the stand for the 90.  One of the couples that I've helped out with fish stuff, he's a disabled, unemployed vet and she's young with a low paying job, are returning a favor. He's going to build and paint my tank stand with materials I'm providing. We're all happy. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 19, 2013, 03:17:19 PM
A nice story about the stand for the 90.  One of the couples that I've helped out with fish stuff, he's a disabled, unemployed vet and she's young with a low paying job, are returning a favor. He's going to build and paint my tank stand with materials I'm providing. We're all happy.

Nice.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Very nice love the tanks.
Do the angels chase the white clouds?

PaulineMi

The angels haven't started paying attention to the minnows yet. The minnows were in the tank a few months before the juvenile angels were added. The angels are still young.  Time will tell......

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Barb

Nice collection of tanks with interesting fish Pauline!  Quite the assortment, I know they bring you lots of enjoyment (besides work of course).  Glad you have a discus tank now too!
Barb

BillT

Nice looking tanks.
I am sure the Danios will have a nice home.

I like the way planted tanks look but unlike when I was a kid, I no longer feel like I have the time to mess around with the plants and making things look nice.

b125killer

All your tanks look nice. I like the blackwater tank. I tell my wife this is the last tank all the time. I think she's on to me LOL.
Scott

BallAquatics

Great looking tanks Pauline.  I've got a nice group of CPD's just hatched out on Jan 10.  Should be ready to go just in time for good shipping weather.

Dennis

PaulineMi

Thanks y'all.

Barb it's a labor of love. I find tending to all aspects of the fish keeping experience so relaxing. My fish make me smile in the morning when they all come to the front of their tanks wiggling to be fed. Good way to start the day.

Dennis and Bill...looking forward to the danio arrivals.

shatanka

What a nice collection of tanks and different species you have Pauline!