• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 10:23:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 25
Total: 26

Great day at the CAFE swap

Started by BallAquatics, March 15, 2015, 01:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

What a great day-out at the swap meet yesterday.  Got to chat with many old friends and lots of new ones too!

Charlie came over from Indy, and yes he is just as friendly as he looks in the photo.....  That's Doug Sweet in the photo with him

Charlie was on the Blue Zoo a few years back.....

https://youtu.be/PveLzx3nOSo

We had quite a few out-of-towners both with tables and as buyers.  Here's Glen from down around Cincy, the GCAS club.....  One nice lady from Nitro WV gave me a card and tried to talk Bob & I into coming to the swap they are putting together down there.  That was after she purchased some guppy grass, daphnia cultures, and some little sponge filters.  =;- )

Here's Steve and his wife, they are from down around Cincy too.....

Pat is one of the CAFE guys.  He's into livebearers and some fantastic fish I've never even heard of before..... and his show quality guppies, makes me want to set-up some tanks just for them.

Here's Jay, he another CAFE guy.  Jay used to run his own fish store and spawns just about everything.  He had hundreds of Angels, cories and plecos.

This is Steve, he another CAFE guy.  Steve has wonderful African cichlids and some tanks and stands.  He had an old wrought iron stand that was super cool.....

We have got a really good mix of interests in CAFE.  That makes for a very interesting swap with something for everyone!

Brantley from Pleco Caves and his new wife were there.  Shrimp USA was there.  Eric Eads was there with Spanish rib newts , claw frogs and axolotl babies, sub adults and adults.  Wow, I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the point.

What a great day!!!

Dennis

Mugwump

Wow, you did have a good time, didn't ya.... ;D

Great pics and all....I like the vid on Charlies fish room....what a nice layout.... ;D

So are ya going to W Va. ??.... ;D.....sounds like a fun 'roadie'...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Sounds like you had a good time. But you never said what you bought. If your like me then you bought something.
I always tell my wife that we dont need anything, just going to talk to everybody but something always catches my eye.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on March 15, 2015, 01:35:20 PM

Bob said he was up to it if I was!  That's a looong way to go for a swap, almost 3 hours each way, but we had vendors that came to our swap from that far away...... 
I don't know, I'll have to think on it.   ;D

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 15, 2015, 04:12:05 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 15, 2015, 01:35:20 PM

Bob said he was up to it if I was!  That's a looong way to go for a swap, almost 3 hours each way, but we had vendors that came to our swap from that far away...... 
I don't know, I'll have to think on it.   ;D

Dennis

Split a room for the night...see the local sites...yada yada.....break the trip up..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: ilroost on March 15, 2015, 03:41:56 PM
But you never said what you bought....

Honestly, I didn't buy a thing.  I kept thinking how nice it was to have some tanks emptied out while I was bagging fish, that I didn't want to bring a bunch of stuff home.  I was tempted though.  Eric was telling me how efficient an axolotl would be at getting rid of culls, and Shrimp USA had some really nice Blue Velvet shrimp and all kinds of super cool Bucephalandra plants.  Then there was Jeremy's Lamprichthys tanganicanus.....

I guess it's just a miracle that I didn't bring stuff home!!!

Dennis

Mugwump

Good heavens.....these are fantastic looking !!  How in the world did you not pull the trigger and bring them home......???

Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on March 15, 2015, 04:34:53 PM
How in the world did you not pull the trigger and bring them home......???

Well, it helps that I know Jeremy has plenty of these and has no plans to stop spawning them.  I've known Jeremy for several years now, worked on his computer, stopped by his fish room on the way home from the swap.....

I took some photos there, I'll check and see if I got any good ones I can share.  Jeremy has lots of really cool fish.

Dennis

PaulineMi

That's a stunning fish! I had to look it up...it's a type of killifish. They look like a saltwater species.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 15, 2015, 06:54:27 PM
That's a stunning fish! I had to look it up...it's a type of killifish. They look like a saltwater species.

A Tanganyikan killie fish too.... ;D ...great colors..
Jon

ilroost

Wow, love the color of them. Never seen or heard of them before