• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 03:48:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 762
Total: 762

Wednesday humps around again

Started by Ron Sower, October 25, 2023, 10:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hello Muggers!

I guess it's time for me to catch you guys up. The swap meet on Sunday was huge compared to our past ones. Our club joined with a group of houseplant ppl. There were 30 tables full on each side of the gym in the elementary school. I doubled my sales over the last meet, which til then was my best yet. We were slammed for 2.5 solid hours and then a steady smaller stream til done.

Monday I began clearing up our patio space which had become the drop zone for so much of the aquarium room stuff that we cleared out of the fellow's house. It also is housing two large acrylic tanks with the large Tetraodon Dubois i that I'm holding til he finds a buyer or gets moved into his new home and takes them back. Any of you interested? They're only $1200 for the pair!!!

Cardio rehab is going well. We're increasing the tension on the recumbent bike and sidestepper Avery visit now and it's actually becoming a bit of a workout!🥴 Lucy needs the car this morning so I'll miss going in there but I called and let them know that I will do the work at our workout room in the clubhouse.

I went to the cardiologist yesterday. The lab report is real good. BP, cholesterol, A1C are all down. I'm staying on all the meds till I see him again in April (6months).

Bingo started last week. I'll be working every other week. Last night I filled in for the caller. Also we have a new caller. I called the first half and after intermission she called the second half. She's much better than I, and it was her very first time ever!!! I'm so glad she's volunteering. I like working the floor as a verifier better😊

I'm happy Cymbalta is working for you, Liz. Are you experiencing any bad side effects? And are you really going to be able to plant those 4x4s? I'm not sure I could.

Willie, I know you feel good with your doc visit results. I like the "never say never" attitude!

When are you going to drive out this way, Barb? Temps are in the mid to high 80s these days. The snowbirds are flocking back now. My cousins from Wenatchee, WA are coming for a long weekend visit this Saturday. (I guess that means housecleaning!🥴)

Well, I guess that's about all I have to say.  It was good catching up on all your "doings". Enjoy!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hi Ron and everyone. I've been busy most of the day catching up with my fishroom stuff but I noticed that I have to watch how I move so that I don't aggravate my back condition.

Things went pretty good today but I have lots of obsolete stuff that I need to throw out. I'll also need to call some friends from the fish club over so that they can get a few of these tanks out of my basement. I'll keep most of my big tanks but some of the smaller tanks I can do without. They are just sitting on the floor taking up space.

I did have that cardiologist review yesterday and while my heart is in ok shape the test show that I have a minor leaky tricuspid valve that they want to keep an eye on. Like Ron, I have a follow up appointment in April. Overall the cardiologist was happy with the results because based on my EKG he was expecting worse. I had no blockages, so that was good news.

That's it for me now. wish you all aa great evening and I'll check on you all tomorrow.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good, Willie!!!!!!

I ended up throwing out some old stuff too. 😁
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron