• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 07:36:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 729
Total: 729

A Tuesday, good morn'n

Started by Mugwump, May 09, 2017, 06:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...a rainy morning here, but the coffee is fantastic !!! |^|....

..nothing planned here for us unless the blueberry bush arrives....it's on the way....I'll check the tracking again later on this morn'n....

..need more coffee tho...... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2..... |^|...almost gone....time for another.... ;)

....#2 sons 40th b-day today.......feeling old yet?....................naw.....maybe when #3 son hits 40 tho...... huh...now that will be close to #1 son hitting 50......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

https://youtu.be/NXfCs8hcZ1c Here's a link to petericolas fry from last bucket Friday will get another batch one of my favorite cichlids
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

wallace

Its warm enough now, we have started opening up the windows during the day. Later when it gets hot its the opposite, we close the windows in the morning. One of these days I'm going to rip the siding off the south wall and put some insulation in it.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on May 09, 2017, 09:42:01 AM
https://youtu.be/NXfCs8hcZ1c Here's a link to petericolas fry from last bucket Friday will get another batch one of my favorite cichlids

...nice....now these are synodontis petricola, right?......but they're catfish  huh...even tho they're Tanganyikan.....

Synodontis petricola, known as the cuckoo catfish, or the pygmy leopard catfish, is a species of upside-down catfish endemic to Burundi, Zambia, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Tanzania where it is only known from Lake Tanganyika

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synodontis_petricola
Jon

Ron Sower

...good morning all you guys...!  Sunny and chilling here in Tacoma at 53...before I moved I'd be thinking this weather is really nice, especially after the crappy winter this area had...

...well, I've met up with a lot of friends at the old hood...went to my favorite aquarium store, Aquarium Zen...owned and run by Steve Waldron...you may have read an article or two by him in Amazonas...bought a bunch of plants there and plan to get them home tomorrow....

...Lucy's still gonna stay the full 6 weeks and I'm going to come back here on June 4 for graduation...

...since the senior night softball is tonight, I'll miss tonight's GSAS meeting with Bart Laurens on Dutch Aquascaping...the good thing is that he will allow his talk to be videoed for the members only section of our website...he was one I was hoping to see if timing worked out, because I'm going to Dutch 'scape at least one of my tanks...

...looking forward to getting home tomorrow afternoon...my buddy who has been feeding my fish says that the plants have taken over!...not a surprise....I fertilized a couple weeks ago with Osmocote+ and that stuff is good....so some trimming is on the schedule for Thursday!...

...Tony, the fry should be doing really well...looks like there is plenty of mulm for them to graze through...

...no coffee for me today...starting to get used to it...I've been away from chocolate for a week now...there is a little bit left at home ...I have to admit that it's nice not having reflux at night, so it must be helping... |^|

...hope everyone here is doing well...gonna catch up on a few missed threads now...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 09, 2017, 11:02:08 AM
...good morning all you guys...!  Sunny and chilling here in Tacoma at 53...before I moved I'd be thinking this weather is really nice, especially after the crappy winter this area had...

...well, I've met up with a lot of friends at the old hood...went to my favorite aquarium store, Aquarium Zen...owned and run by Steve Waldron...you may have read an article or two by him in Amazonas...bought a bunch of plants there and plan to get them home tomorrow....

...Lucy's still gonna stay the full 6 weeks and I'm going to come back here on June 4 for graduation...

...since the senior night softball is tonight, I'll miss tonight's GSAS meeting with Bart Laurens on Dutch Aquascaping...the good thing is that he will allow his talk to be videoed for the members only section of our website...he was one I was hoping to see if timing worked out, because I'm going to Dutch 'scape at least one of my tanks...

...looking forward to getting home tomorrow afternoon...my buddy who has been feeding my fish says that the plants have taken over!...not a surprise....I fertilized a couple weeks ago with Osmocote+ and that stuff is good....so some trimming is on the schedule for Thursday!...

...Tony, the fry should be doing really well...looks like there is plenty of mulm for them to graze through...

...no coffee for me today...starting to get used to it...I've been away from chocolate for a week now...there is a little bit left at home ...I have to admit that it's nice not having reflux at night, so it must be helping... |^|

...hope everyone here is doing well...gonna catch up on a few missed threads now...

....dang, you're a busy guy.... |^|
Jon

Tony44

Yea they are synodontis. And they breed in buckets with hole in top so some of the food I feed gets into bucket that's all the mulm I do feed bbs once a day though when they are full their stomachs look gold yea a catfish but tang so my new ones are phyllonemus types again from lake tang but a mouthbreeding catfish
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

LizStreithorst

I'm glad that giving up two of your favorite things showed results.  Reflux can do bad stuff to your esophagus.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Another beautiful spring day here.  Only 4 treatments left.  A bit of IT work and then spent the afternoon working the kinks out of the nakamichi tape deck.

https://youtu.be/Qv4-m-cIZf4

Dennis

Mugwump

...3 and a 'wake up'...... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Charlotte's healthy and home.  My tin is in.  I have a new dog.  Nice day :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 09, 2017, 05:02:37 PM

I'm glad that giving up two of your favorite things showed results.  Reflux can do bad stuff to your esophagus.

Yep...well, maybe I spoke too soon...I had a Butterfinger candy bar after lunch yesterday, and a glass of wine with dinner before the game and some spice hummus with cucumber slices after the game...overload!!....I began with the barfing about 10:30 and into the night and this morning....changed my flight home to tomorrow...just now feeling better....I'll learn one day... :'(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron