• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 01:34:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 640
Total: 640

Bn pleco

Started by big b, August 01, 2015, 05:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big b

How big should a female bn pleco be before she is ready to breed? My lil' gal is 3 inch and I got her a boyfriend who is 6 inch. They are both albino :).

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 01, 2015, 05:07:36 PM
How big should a female bn pleco be before she is ready to breed? My lil' gal is 3 inch and I got her a boyfriend who is 6 inch. They are both albino :).

...how old is she?.....he should be mature at around 6"....sounds like she may need to grow a bit more....some species of BN don't get as big as others, which max out in the 6" range....I've seen L144's spawn in the 4+ inch range.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

I;m not sure, I got her at petco. I think I've had her for about a year now  ???.

wsantia1

Quote from: big b on August 01, 2015, 07:44:26 PM
I;m not sure, I got her at petco. I think I've had her for about a year now  ???.

I have a big brown female I got from Petsmart as a baby. Together with one of Jon's males they have given me a couple of hundred babies over the last year. They are now grandparents. She is about 2 inches bigger than he is. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 01, 2015, 07:44:26 PM

Watch her when she's up on the front glass....does she look gravid?.....is the male house cleaning the cave?......if so, she could be ready to 'go-go'  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

Actually they are not in the same tank yet, He was in qt, but he is done now so I am moving him in with her.

big b

They are in the same tank now, they don't even notice each other.

LizStreithorst

Give 'em time.  Stick a cave in (the long ones that Barb sells are great) and wait and watch.  I don't breed snots myself but they say that's how it works.
Always move forward. Never look back.

big b

I have a bunch of drift wood with holes in them, and 2 clay pots. The male likes one of the driftwood pieces, cuz it has a good size hole in it. I still want those breeding tubes when I get the money though.