• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 03:05:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 621
Total: 621

Tuesday===>

Started by Mugwump, October 30, 2018, 05:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...pot #2...rise & shine folks..............grab a cup  :)

QC swap day getting closer..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

My two customers cancelled.  Oh well...I'm sure they'll come later.  They both had legit excuses.

I finally tackled the burn pile.  It's not all burned down yet.  Far from it.  But I made a significant dent in it.  I did a lot of bending over and throwing limbs and branches on the part that was burning well.  Bending over is not good for my back, and since my family doctor wanted me to cut down from 400 mg of Tramadol daily to 300, I'm hurting more than usual.  His reason that at the dose I was taking I might become addicted to it.  I'll try his 300 mg daily for a week.  If I keep hurting too much I'll let him know that I need more.  If he says no, I'll go back to stealing from my dog.  All I have to tell the vet is that I need more and they give it to me.

I'm trying to get up the will to pressure wash the rest of the house.  It won't require a lot of bending.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..Jan ran over to help the DIL Autumn take Keegan to school...their truck was acting up for some odd reason... huh.....afterwards Matt checked it out and it was really nothing...just some smell from spilled antifreeze while filling it the day before.....

..I putz'd a bit downstairs..yada yada and made the spaghetti sauce for dinner.....Jan has class tonight so we'll eat a bit earlier than usual......we usually have an earlier dinner than most folks anyway..... huh......

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I didn't power wash.  I did put my dog who had her eye removed and made her look better.  I'm not about to put makeup on her to make it look like she has two eyes.  She doesn't care that she only has one, so I don't care either.  It's a shame that she is not a black dog who could get away with it better.  Her two big round eyes were her most notable feature.  Since she's a blond dog everyone will notice and ask what happened to her eye.

Of course most people don't see her because she's so mean that I have to lock her in the bedroom with the barkers when customers come.  She can't bite because of her jaw conformation but she loves to terrorize.  She's good at it.  She has the instinct to know which people she can terrorize the most.  (It's mostly old ladies).

I know that Chloe would defend me from an invader who wanted to do me evil, but the invader would just kick her like a football and that would be the end of her.  How could I not love a dog who I know would die fighting to protect me?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 30, 2018, 03:24:44 PM
I didn't power wash.  I did put my dog who had her eye removed and made her look better.  I'm not about to put makeup on her to make it look like she has two eyes.  She doesn't care that she only has one, so I don't care either.  It's a shame that she is not a black dog who could get away with it better.  Her two big round eyes were her most notable feature.  Since she's a blond dog everyone will notice and ask what happened to her eye.

Of course most people don't see her because she's so mean that I have to lock her in the bedroom with the barkers when customers come.  She can't bite because of her jaw conformation but she loves to terrorize.  She's good at it.  She has the instinct to know which people she can terrorize the most.  (It's mostly old ladies).

I know that Chloe would defend me from an invader who wanted to do me evil, but the invader would just kick her like a football and that would be the end of her.  How could I not love a dog who I know would die fighting to protect me?

...maybe a pirate eye patch?.....she'd look cool too... :)
Jon

LizStreithorst

That would be cool but she would tolerate an eye patch,.  I could put one on her with products, but coloring dog's hair is not my thing.     

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 30, 2018, 04:26:52 PM
That would be cool but she would tolerate an eye patch,.  I could put one on her with products, but coloring dog's hair is not my thing.   

..I saw a pic of a Jack Russell with an eye patch...and I think a pit bull too.... huh
Jon

Mugwump

..g'night all.....time to go read... :)
Jon