• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 11:20:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 626
Total: 626

Friday Morn'n coffee

Started by Mugwump, September 23, 2016, 05:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee's great on what will become a stormy day for us...

..to the vet's early...Sassy's not eating right all of a sudden...but wants to eat....we're thinking that she got into something in the yard...but have no idea what....leaves, grass, sticks??....her mouth seems sore?...we'll see...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Wow, that sucks. I hope she is ok.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Coffee was great. I am expecting company so I am trying to spruce up around here. Since I will be in and out most of the weekend I sent Kobe off to his favorite kennel. We call it camp and he practically drags me to the car when he hear that word in anticipation of his stay. Good thing Jack Russells are not big dogs because pound for pound they have to be among the strongest dogs and he will be try to drag my butt all over the place.

I have to bag some fish for tomorrow's auction. Always a PITA. I will take them to the club president's house because I will not be able to attend. Good thing too. Last year I bought stuff that is still sitting in my garage.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...errands done....hauled the yard waste from the patio down to the city designated dumpsters...no more 'munchies' for Sassy....she's eaten a little baby food since we've been home, and even a couple spoons of canned dog food a little bit ago......the vet hydrated her just in case, and they're checking her stool for vermin too....she's napping now after playing with her Teddy bear......sshhh....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

The day is over...........I'm tired....all that we've done for the last week+ has been run, run, run....one thing or another popping up.... wfwf wfwf wfwf

I declare next week....'The week where everything is mellow'.....how's that?    |^|

Oh, did I mention that I found a small leak in Jan's brake line om her old Blazer....back left. behind the driver.....sheesh.....I'll have a look tomorrow to try an spot exactly where it's at.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

You'll be fine, Muggers.  You'll be up for new adventures tomorrow.  I worry more about Sassy.  Let us know how she's doing in the morning.   Did the vet see worms in her stool?

It's been a lovely day.  I had a full day of dogs.  (for the past several weeks they want me on Friday and Saturday and the rest of the time make me sit twiddling my thumbs.)  My new oil less pump for pumping my RO to the tanks arrived before WC.  It's only a 1/6 hp pump.  It's designed to have a 1 1/4" outlet and to pump a lot of water with a hose that offers little resistance.  I thought that it might work OK with my 1" hose.  It turned out that I didn't have the connectors to make a 1 1/2" female threaded hole to reduce to either 1" either male of female threaded.  I tried it out with my 1/2" drinking water safe hose and it worked fine!

Then I had my excitement fix for a few weeks.  I can go a long time without an excitement fix but it's always invigorating when I get one.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

So the vet had no suggestions what it might be? Sometimes when I go to the vet, I realize afterwards that all I managed to do was feel better about having gone... but I still know nothing more. Our vet always says it could be this, could be that, could be some other thing... then he says if you spend a fortune on tests, then MAYBE we'll know more.  :P
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on September 23, 2016, 08:30:06 PM
So the vet had no suggestions what it might be? Sometimes when I go to the vet, I realize afterwards that all I managed to do was feel better about having gone... but I still know nothing more. Our vet always says it could be this, could be that, could be some other thing... then he says if you spend a fortune on tests, then MAYBE we'll know more.  :P

Yep, pretty much, they made a list of all the tests that they could do, lots of $$$'s, but really didn't offer any diagnoses ....they did hydrate her which put us at ease about worrying if she was getting enough fluids. We picked up a bottle of Pepto-Bismol on the way home....I gave her some and she seemed to perk up a bit....then Jan got some baby food down her....she perked up some more...later we got her to eat some canned dog food too.....better again...we've been adding a bit of crushed kibble to the meat and she's eating some of that too....Jan has been feeding her mostly by hand, tho.....this morning she's pretty frisky ....so it's getting better...

No answer on the stool sample yet...

..years ago we had a local farm vet named 'Doc Witt'...he was kind of a Dr Pol type guy....a wonderful vet, because he cared....now days you'd be hard pressed to find such vets....altho I know they are out there somewhere....now days they aren't really vets as much as clinic managers....

Jon

LizStreithorst

My vet does the same thing.  What I do for a dog is up to me.  They help me make an informed decision.  They do this for many clients many times a day.  When they're sure they tell us what must be done.  It's not easy when the cause of the problem is not obvious.  Let us not bash veterinarians because they can't wave a magic wand.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 24, 2016, 07:37:51 PM
My vet does the same thing.  What I do for a dog is up to me.  They help me make an informed decision.  They do this for many clients many times a day.  When they're sure they tell us what must be done.  It's not easy when the cause of the problem is not obvious.  Let us not bash veterinarians because they can't wave a magic wand.

...nope, I'd never bash a good vet.....but with everything a clinic around here, they are few and far between...it's just not the same...ok, I'll say it....as the years past....
Jon