• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 08:19:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 567
Total: 567

Sunday morn'n coffee....

Started by Mugwump, March 30, 2014, 07:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...aaaaaahhh good, really good  ;D  How's everyone this lovely day?  ;D I think we'll go get a couple egg McMuffins?... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Is your snow all melted away?  Here is cool, rainy, but OK otherwise.  We are now starting to see the damage that our extra cold winter did to some of our yard and plantings.
Barb

Mugwump

Yes, it's mostly melted, except for some piles that were plowed up....upper 50's today, upper 60's tomorrow w/rain later in the day.....it's still pretty cold at night, last night was a good frost....might even cook out today... ;D....Jan wants to play in the yard, picking up things a bit...I need to do a few fry water changes...then enjoy the nicer weather.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Sorry about the damage Barb.  I know that you lovingly tend to your plants.

We're having very similar weather here Jon. Like Jan I've done debri clean up on the patio and in the yard. I still look in amazement at how deep the snow was to have completely covered the bird bath, rowboat and various other items.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

All of the snow is melting but it has been raining all weekend. Makes it tougher to move your belongings (fish, LOL  ;D) from one place to another along with everything else I have in this temporary place. 

I don't have to check out until tomorrow so I think I'll make the major fish move in the morning and take everything else today,
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Wow, it's about 50 deg's here already, and warming  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...'mickie D's' for a quick breakfast snack....we're on a roll.....LOL.....tidied up the Deere lawn mower a bit...started on the first pull  ;D.....for grins, wiped down the Toro snow thrower, and it popped right over too.... ;D....cut the old carpet off the deck, we pulled the plastic down around the deck bottom storage area....went and got a three seater swing, w/canopy, for the deck...grabbed a big bag of grass seed...and got a new 'no-kink' hose for the fish room......."turn em loose, anybody can ride em in the stall".. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

ilroost

I need some grass seed also, but got sticker shock when i was looking at it!!

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on March 30, 2014, 12:19:23 PM
I need some grass seed also, but got sticker shock when i was looking at it!!

Me too....and the birds are likely to get more than actually seeds....sheesh...
Jon

LizStreithorst

This is the best Sunday I've had in the longest time.  The weather is perfect, my humming birds have become more plentiful and more argumentative, all I'm doing is laundry, fish room stuff, hanging out with my dogs and enjoying it all.  Lovely day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I've ben sick all weekend.  I was going to finish a stand today but I slept most of the day. I did get in some water changes. I need to clean my big tank but that's going to have to wait until I feel better. I hope I feel better for work tomorrow. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 30, 2014, 04:51:35 PM
I've ben sick all weekend.  I was going to finish a stand today but I slept most of the day. I did get in some water changes. I need to clean my big tank but that's going to have to wait until I feel better. I hope I feel better for work tomorrow. 

That's too bad, Scott...get well quick.... ;D

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 30, 2014, 04:05:44 PM
This is the best Sunday I've had in the longest time.  The weather is perfect, my humming birds have become more plentiful and more argumentative, all I'm doing is laundry, fish room stuff, hanging out with my dogs and enjoying it all.  Lovely day.

Super Liz, pretty much the same here....we [utz'd, tinkered, worked a bit on things, relaxed, and just took in the day....sweeet...and warmer tomorrow, before the late rain...
Jon

PaulineMi

I did the job dog owners with "backyards" get stuck with in the spring...poop scooping. This winter was so brutal ....there was several months worth of picking up to do.  :o 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 30, 2014, 05:46:29 PM
I did the job dog owners with "backyards" get stuck with in the spring...poop scooping. This winter was so brutal ....there was several months worth of picking up to do.  :o

LOL...Jan played bucket lady today too...... ;D...
Jon